Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What you will bring:
The Data Architect position is a critical role for any fast-growing, venture-backed organization like Beam Dental. We’re building a team that will help us harness one of our biggest assets: our data. You will be a cornerstone for the foundation of our data program and be a key figure in the development our data team as we continue to grow.
In addition to possessing a passion for data, you have a background where you've been a hands-on leader who has architected and built solutions from the ground up. You've worked with a wide range of technologies in the past, and you're able to identify which ones would be appropriate for our organization. You enjoy tackling new projects and want to readily collaborate with your team as well as cross-functionally with others.
What you will do:
- Evaluate, architect, and implement scalable data warehousing solutions for a rapidly growing and dynamically changing organization
- Work alongside technology leadership to identify and introduce new technologies and trends that benefit the program and organization at large
- Build efficient yet scalable data models across multiple domains within the organization
- Analyze business and system requirements to implement migration methods for existing data from proprietary tools and external applications
- Define and maintain data quality best-practices and processes to ensure that data can be trusted over time, including but not limited to, automated regression testing
- Have some familiarity with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools such as Tableau
- Identify, hire, and mentor key technical roles
What technical skills will help you be successful:
- 5+ years of experience in a lead role designing data solutions including building data warehousing and implementing reporting tool solutions
- 5+ years of experience creating data models
- Experience integrating data from a wide range of applications including Salesforce, Hubspot, and Zendesk
- Strong technical communication skills with past success working cross-functionally in partnerships with adjacent business functions in an evolving company
- Experience with cloud-based database solutions such as RedShift is a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning Engineering and moving predictive algorithms to production is a plus
- Experience managing PHI or other sensitive data is a plus
- Agile-driven product development experience is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.