Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Product Owners to work directly with our agile development teams to ship outcome-based products. You will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design to gather requirements and create acceptance criteria. You will also support the team throughout the development process, clarifying requirements, adjusting scope, and attending sprint ceremonies.
What you will bring:
You are a data-informed Product Owner with experience working closely with Agile development teams. You have frameworks for creating effective acceptance criteria that include product, technical, and design requirements. You not only have experience with Agile development but also have opinions on what processes work best. Lastly, you have experience continually measuring your releases and in turn, using that data to inform Product Managers on the state of outcomes.
What you will do:
- Partner with your agile development team to predictably bring products to release.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and Design to fully articulate acceptance criteria.
- Communicate business value of released features through demos and release notes.
- Participate in your team’s sprint ceremonies (stand-ups, refinements, retros, etc..)
- Work with Product Managers to constantly measure the outcomes of your team’s software.
What skills will help you be successful:
- A College Degree or equivalent experience in product, design, or engineering at a product oriented businesses.
- Experience building technical products with a deliberate/repeatable process in place.
- Experience authoring user stories, requirements documentation, and product specs.
- Experience in leading cross-functional Agile teams.
- Familiarity with agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Pingboard.
- Familiarity with data tools such as Tableau or Data Studio.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.