Senior Technical Artist (remote/onsite)
Art – Art /
We are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access.
In order to support our ongoing and future development plans, we are seeking an experienced Technical Artist to join our team, who is passionate about the game, people, and willing to learn within our small indie game studio. Our people are our most important asset, we expect you to be the go-to person who can support our art and development teams and facilitate them to work with interdependencies, and help reach their priorities.
- First point of contact for technical implications in art-related topics
- Support content creators/artists with solving technical problems and workflow issues
- Improve inefficiencies in artist workflows through tools and documentation
- Define and monitor key metrics within art and development teams to understand core issues/problems, and identify/suggest ways to improve our processes
- Maintain seamless periodic communication and keep the art-development teams updated to avoid friction within the teams
- Identify blockers and produce quality work within the technical constraints of the project.
- Research and develop new technologies for enhancing the visual quality or solving artistic challenges
- Proven experience with a minimum of 3 years as a technical artist in game development
- Experience writing plugins/customizing 3D tools like Maya/3DS Max
- Experience in Substance Designer/Painter, Houdini, and procedural content creation
- Experience in working with scripting and programming (Python, C/C++, or Lua)
- Good experience in working with Jira and Confluence in setting priorities, best practices, tracking changes, and generating roadmaps
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross-functional teams with engineers, artists, and management teams
- Excellent communication skills in English, able to convey complex information in a clear and suitable manner to a diverse audience
- Ability to think critically, understand complexities, and support day-to-day workflow
- Ambitious and desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of a unique physics engine simulation game: like us
Nice to have
- Knowledge of research application within simulation games
- Experience in working with international and remote teams
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Talent development program (training budget, participation in seminars/conferences, and etc)
- Personal development program (feedback, leadership, conflict engagement, etc)
- Budget for home office
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process starts with an introductory call with our HR team, continues with a case study/assessment, a personal interview, and finally a stakeholder interview
Our journey began in 2013 and we've continued to expand as an independent studio since then. We are a team of over 60 employees of 25 nationalities with a headquarters in Bremen, Germany, and we are always on the lookout for expert talent to join us!
We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets, and all of them play a vital role in helping us establish and nurture the company's culture and values. We are a guild of innovators, artists, engineers, and designers, who appreciate and embrace the diversity of our perspectives and know-how to apply them to grow together as a community and foster a healthy work environment.
Together, we are building a safe and inclusive atmosphere, with transparent processes to amplify individuality, empathy, respect, creativity, and continuous learning for all employees. Regardless of your identity or background, we would be happy to welcome your application if you feel inspired and want to become a part of our team! Skip writing lengthy cover letters and tell us more about your passion for gaming and why specifically BeamNG.
To minimize bias throughout the hiring process, please submit your application in English.