Operations Software Engineering
Newark, CA /
Engineering Team /
We are changing the agricultural world with autonomy at Bear Flag Robotics. Our team is building a fleet of autonomous farming tractors and is looking for an Operations Software Engineer. We need support with the robotics software life cycle. From clean builds to secure deployment, and all the awesome challenges in between.
Bear Flag is still an early stage company, so this is a great time to join a really dynamic and engaging team. It’s a chance to define your role as well, as we’ll be building a lot of these systems from the ground up.
You like to improve systems as you discover things, and love to collaborate. Shapers and owners are welcome here. You’ve had experience building end to end CI/CD systems and know how to adapt them as the products change. We’re working in a hybrid cloud environment, so you’ll be working with systems in the next room as well as in AWS. Our full pipeline involves managing systems for data collection, storage management, and feeding into Machine Learning pipelines. Ideally, you have a growing passion for robotics and working around mechanical systems, and seeing code perform real world tasks.
- B.S./M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A real problem solver - whether the networking equipment is failing or we need larger EC2 instances, you’re on point helping the team debug the entire system.
- Tools of trade here are Bash and Python, but we’re always up for a better way.
- Configuration management experience, such as Puppet, SaltStack or Ansible.
- Comfortable in AWS EC2, CodeBuild, S3 or local rack hardware (Ubuntu).
- An expert in CI/CD systems and adapting them to unique software projectsUnderstands system performance - you can tell us if our hardware is underpowered, we need to upgrade our switches, or if we’ve overdone it and can save some cash.
- We’re an Ubuntu shop for most of our systems, with a little Mac OS here and there.
- Love to branch out, and make things happen at the next step from your own task.
- You think outside the box, and want to play a pivotal role in designing autonomous heavy equipment