Senior Systems Engineer (Platform/Infrastructure/DevOps)
Remote, USA /
Engineering Team /
We are changing the agricultural world with autonomy at Bear Flag Robotics. Our team is building a fleet of autonomous farming tractors and we’re looking for a Systems Engineer. This is a role for a seasoned problem solver that can contribute anywhere in the pipeline.
Bear Flag is still an early-stage company, so this is a great time to join a really dynamic and engaging team. It’s a chance to define your role as well, as we’ll be building a lot of these systems from the ground up.
An ideal candidate is T shaped in their skillset, broad in many things and deep in a few (But always willing to learn!) If you’re excited by debugging cellular networking, optimizing USB bandwidth utilization, and managing our AWS deployment all before your morning coffee break, we should talk! We’re DevOps practitioners, remote friendly, and are passionate about solving one of the biggest challenges in agriculture today. There’s always something new to solve!
- B.S./M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in AWS with tools like Terraform and Cloudformation
- Able to identify and mitigate security issues following industry best practices - secure by default.
- Expert at the Linux Kernel, POSIX, filesystems, networking, automated deployment and virtualization at edge and cloud. This is at the heart of everything we do.
- Familiarity with embedded systems development and deployment (bare metal and embedded Linux)
- Ability to troubleshoot database performance and availability issues (NoSQL and Relational)
- Automate manual processes - do it more than twice then replace with a script
- Analytic tools are your gotos and integral to the pipelines you build to turn insights into operational efficiency and drive key business metrics
- Testing - of all flavors: integration, end-to-end, and unit - is your modus operandi, you value ensuring the systems that you oversee are deterministic and reliable to a high degree.
- On call - We support what we build and design it to be supported.
- You think outside the box, and want to play a pivotal role in designing autonomous ag equipment