Senior React Native Engineer / Mobile Engineer
Tech – Engineering /
BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit. By merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology and expert coaching we are empowering people around Europe, and soon the world, to Sweat Smarter Together!
Our workouts led by fitness experts offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring, gamification and analytics - transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we're building a world-class team to make BEAT81 the global leader in fitness and technology. Join us on our mission to create lasting wellbeing!
About the role
As our React Native Engineer you will be working on the apps our coaches and customers interact with each other every day. The range of technical challenges is very broad: from booking, chat and results visualization to low energy bluetooth connection for heart rate tracking. You will building features that provide additional tracking, new workout programs, integrations of timer and music features, and additional external hardware and software. You have the chance of defining the structure and fate of our mobile apps and seeing real-life impact of your work every day.
The Tech Stack
- Android and iOS React Native apps
- Frontend landscape consists of modern React SPAs and React Native mobile apps with features like reading Bluetooth heart rate and real-time leaderboards
- Core business logic served through a RESTful API, provided by a microservice based backend (100% Node.js)
- Running on GCP
- Architect, build and maintain excellent Mobile apps with clean code.
- Find the best solutions in terms of scalability and performance for our very data driven and real-time use cases
- Continuously enhance our apps
- Release applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
- Continuously improve how we write clean and testable code and conduct code reviews
Desired skills, personality traits, and experiences
- Thorough understanding of React Native and the React Native ecosystem
- Significant experience developing and maintaining stateful, sophisticated Single-page Applications
- Experience with native mobile development
- Proven experience in bringing incremental changes and evolutions to a codebase in your daily work
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- Experienced in using RESTful APIs
- Fluent in English
- Modern tech stack and well-structured development process
- Join our mission to build the largest fitness company that is delivering lasting wellbeing in the world
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team of Europe's fastest-growing fitness technology startup backed by Europe's best VCs and a unique team of fitness experts
- A high degree of responsibility, autonomy, and impact in a rapid environment with flat hierarchies
- The right equipment you need to get your work done!
- Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime
- Regular sports and social team events
We, at BEAT81, believe that a great working environment reflects our diverse world. All are welcome, regardless of your gender identity, your nationality, your sexual orientation, your religion, or a secret dislike of burpees. All you need is a passion for fitness and the desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups.