Summer Intern, Investments & Growth Capital
Vancouver, BC /
Capital – Capital /
Temporary Full Time
Beedie Capital is a multi-strategy direct investment platform that manages the alternative investments for Beedie, one of Western Canada’s largest private companies. Focusing primarily on the Technology and Mining space, we combine the strategic capabilities of an institutional investment platform with the entrepreneurial mindset of a privately owned business.
Our investments range from $10M to $50M as either equity or structured debt (i.e., subordinated debt, convertible debt), primarily in the US and Canada to both public and private companies. Our flexible mandate allows us to apply an agnostic and opportunity dependent approach to the industry, duration, structure, and size of our investments.
We are looking for a Summer Intern to join our team of 8 investment professionals in our Vancouver office during the summer of 2023.
In this role, you will get exposure to all aspects of the deal process including sourcing, reviewing, executing, and monitoring investments. Our entrepreneurial environment will provide you with significant exposure to our senior deal team, prospect companies, and the overall private capital ecosystem.
We ask all candidates to please send in your unofficial transcript with your resume when applying.
- Participate in the sourcing and qualification of investment opportunities
- Support the execution of financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and financing
- Participate in calls with senior management of prospect companies to further diligence efforts
- Assist in managing our deal pipeline through our CRM platform (HubSpot)
- Monitor and analyze ongoing financial and operational performance of portfolio investments
- Prepare research and analysis in support of portfolio investments
- Support day to day business development initiatives to drive deal flow opportunities
- Lead various sector and industry analyses and stay abreast of relevant capital markets activity
Desired Skills and Experience
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, commerce, business, or other related fields
- Must be entering final year of study (i.e. graduation by summer 2024)
- Exceptional academic standing
- Demonstrated interest in private capital and investing evidenced through participation in extracurriculars or previous internships
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of data into succinct written and verbal communication
- Understanding of valuation methodology, cash flow forecasts and balance sheet structuring
- Ability to multi-task across a variety of responsibilities and effectively prioritize when needed
- Must be highly motivated, with a proven ability to work collaboratively within a team of professionals
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.