Industrial Marketing, Intern
Burnaby, BC /
Summer Interns – Summer Interns /
Temporary Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
Join Beedie Industrial’s fast-paced development division for the summer and play an integral role in the marketing of our projects. Working closely with the entire Industrial Marketing team, the role will focus on the areas of project marketing execution through the sales cycle, the implementation of key industrial-specific marketing and communication initiatives, tactic activations, and events. The role will have direct exposure to significant transactions, new developments, and a wide range of marketing and brand applications as we look to create long-term value for our partners, customers, and communities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to correspond with key Beedie business connections including brokers, consultants, vendors, as well as external design and marketing firms. If you are ready for a new and rewarding challenge and are looking to work in a highly collaborative and exciting environment, we’d love to hear from you!
- Industrial Marketing & Communications
- Work closely with the Industrial Marketing team to determine, activate, and achieve the annual Industrial Marketing Strategy & Communication plan;
- Participate in marketing campaign planning and execution for all active industrial projects across all of our core markets;
- Participate in the content creation for all active Beedie’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and WeChat while working with a third-party social media consultant;
- Participate in the implementation of regional and national corporate giving and industrial-specific sponsorship campaigns;
- Participate in the execution of all Beedie Industrial events;
- Participate in the evolution and maintenance of the Industrial segment of Beedie’s Corporate website;
- Track and advocate for new market trends specific to platforms, technologies, and marketing tools; and
- Working on other ad-hoc projects or tasks as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related area (Business, Marketing, PR, Communications)
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and graphic with excellent grammar/proofreading ability
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and is proficient with MS Office required. Please include a portfolio of work completed.
- Very creative with a passion for design
- Committed to marketing
- You understand the digital landscape and are familiar with critical communication platforms
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, resourceful, and proactive mindset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in Business or Marketing from a previous internship or co-op term would be considered an asset, but not mandatory.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.