Industrial Construction – Site /
Regular Full Time /
Our future is bright, and we are building multiple large industrial tilt-up projects across the Lower Mainland, including Delta, Langley, Burnaby and Surrey. Since 1954, we’ve combined innovation and craftsmanship to bring new possibilities to life. Today, we are one of Western Canada’s largest industrial and residential developers with over 800 acres of industrial land holdings. We strive for the highest safety, quality and production standards, come join our team and Build for Good with Beedie.
Working closely with the Project Manager and Development Team, be responsible to supervise Industrial construction project site operations through to completion ensuring the project completes on time and on budget while working to high safety, quality, and production standards.
- Lead all on site activities; ensure project construction is executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Review all work drawings and able to identify conflicts and issues in advance
- Organize various trade contractors to work collaboratively on site to maximize efficiency, safety and quality
- Ensure site safety orientation and weekly safety meetings with sub-trades are being conducted
- Ensure the quality of workmanship are to the standards specified in the construction documents
- Review on-site work to confirm that project is being built as per drawings, specifications, code and ensure that all finishes are to Beedie standards
- Assemble the job site office and equipment requirements
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule, identify schedule issues early and make recommendations for corrective action
- Implement and enforce the requirements of OHSA and Beedie’s Health and Safety Program
- Work closely with project management and development throughout the project to identify risks and minimize issues
- Review shop drawings, change orders, and RFI’s as required
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise
- Responsible for field documentation such as daily logs, conduct daily safety inspections and other required reports
- Order materials and schedules inspections as necessary; include coordinate offsite utilities and review with the applicable authority
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, sub-trades, consultants, building officials, employees and peers.
- Other duties as required to ensure a smooth operating project
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Site Superintendent on commercial/industrial projects
- Extensive knowledge of procedures, methods, conditions and documents related to the construction process
- Ability to understand the scopes of work project and schedule, as well as interpret drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Practical understanding of Provincial Building Codes
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work accordingly
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.