Intern, Interior Design
Summer Interns – Summer Interns /
Temporary Full Time /
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
We are seeking a summer intern to join our Interior Design team at Beedie. We are looking for a driven, energetic student who can work well in a collaborative team environment. The selected candidate will be assisting the interior design team. This opportunity will provide valuable insight into the overall design process from conception through to construction.
- Participate in design meetings to analyze plans and specifications for coordination, constructability
- Assist in producing preliminary floor plans for client review based on client requirements and in accordance with local codes and building code
- Assist in preparing detailed office improvement specifications and liaise with all teams as per the ID workflow process
- Assist with preparing and reviewing building permit drawings, issued for tender drawings as well as issued for construction drawings
- Sourcing current materials to update the interior design library
- Creating both digital and physical sample boards
- Assist in producing presentation quality 3d interior walkthroughs and renderings based on client’s floor plans and specifications
- Produce millwork elevations for custom office details including built-in’s and receptions desks for tendering purposes
- Coordinate the day to day design oriented activities
- Responsible for finish specifications and conducting market research to determine established standards within specific markets, specifying finish, plumbing, lighting and appliance packages for tenants and purchasers within established budgets
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working towards a University degree or college diploma in a related field such as Interior Design
- Related work experience is an asset, including that of previous co-op placements, internships, projects
- Experience in the field of building construction is a definite asset but is not mandatory
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with a hands-on working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, 3d Studio Max or Sketchup is not mandatory but an asset
- Team player, energetic, resourceful, reliable, and timely
Your annual salary will be $46,800 ($24/per hour)
In-person interviews will be conducted from February 20th - 27th in our Burnaby head office.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.