Assistant Site Superintendent, Industrial Construction
Industrial Construction – Site /
Regular Full Time /
Our future is bright, and we are building multiple large industrial tilt-up projects across the Lower Mainland, including Delta, Langley, Burnaby and Surrey. Since 1954, we’ve combined innovation and craftsmanship to bring new possibilities to life. Today, we are one of Western Canada’s largest industrial and residential developers with over 800 acres of industrial land holdings. We strive for the highest safety, quality and production standards, come join our team and Build for Good with Beedie.
Working closely with the Superintendent, Project Management & Development Team, be responsible for providing leadership and guidance that results in a safe work culture and is accountable for following project plans and schedules and ensuring that crews perform daily and weekly activities to meet production goals.
- Working on site under the Site Superintendent, assisting with trade management, carpentry and general labour requirements
- Assist the Site Superintendent in managing employees, construction sub-trades and suppliers on the job site and mitigate issues that may arise throughout the duration of the project
- Maintain or expedite the project schedule through efficient and quality work
- Review on-site work to confirm that project is being built as per drawings, specifications, code and ensure that all finishes are to the Company’s and industry standards
- Ensuring crew compliance with company policies and procedures
- Accountable for the preparation of progress reports, daily production records, daily photos.
- Promote the safe and efficient use of equipment, advancing a culture of safety at all times
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are being followed.
- Update and maintain safety paperwork onsite including but not limited to, orientations, subtrade safety talks, equipment checklists, safety board updates etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain, with the assistance of the Superintendent and Project Management team, the deficiency and closeout items.
- Participate and attend Site Meetings, prepare meeting minutes and agendas
- Provide input and review the Construction Schedule
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-8 years of experience working in the construction industry
- Construction knowledge – overall understanding of construction processes, sequencing and planning concepts
- Demonstrate past experience in industrial or commercial projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local health and safety laws and practices.
- Ability to understand the scopes of work project and schedule, as well as interpret drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.