Etobicoke, ON /
Industrial Development – Development /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
Since 1954, Beedie has combined innovation and craftsmanship to bring new possibilities to life. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest industrial and residential developers, having completed more than 35 million square feet of new development across BC, Alberta, southern Ontario, and Las Vegas, Nevada. With multiple industrial projects currently under construction and 9 projects totaling over 1.5M SF currently in development across the GTA, Beedie is looking for talented individuals to join our growing Ontario team as we continue to build for good.
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
Our Development Coordinator plays a key role in assisting the Development Managers with speculative and design build projects from initial acquisition and design/development phase through to occupancy .
We are looking for a highly organized individual with a real estate, urban planning or construction technologist background wanting to join a very active development team supporting multiple projects within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Assist with scheduling the project from initial acquisition through the design development phase and working with the construction team to ensure a seamless transition to construction and occupancy.
- Assist with compilation and submission of documents required for development applications including (Regional Plan Amendments, Zoning Amendments, Site Plan Approval and Conservation and Stormwater Management Permits)
- Research and understand emerging municipal and regional policies and plan changes as they relate to industrial development.
- Track Council updates and progression of relevant projects/policies and provide updates to the Development Team.
- Use municipal GIS tools to obtain zoning and property information and review information for any property restrictions or encumbrances.
- Review and summarize basic legal title documents and title reports.
- Schedule and manage meetings, take minutes/notes, update development budgets, and undertake necessary follow-up.
- Assist with the compilation and review of all materials necessary for outgoing proposals and RFP’s.
- Draft letters and edit outgoing correspondence.
- Create subcontracts, change orders and purchase orders
- Prepare, submit and track Request for Proposals to various external consultants.
- Provide design and building specification support.
- Assist with drawing review and compile mark ups from other departments.
- Manage and track consultant deliverables including, design plans, legal surveys, landscape and civil drawing packages, and due diligence documents.
- Provide support for any client’s office and warehouse improvements process including preparing construction contracts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highly organized and methodical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ideal background includes real estate, urban planning and/or development.
- Knowledge of municipal review and approval process.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, landscape and civil drawings
- Excellent computer skills and must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Acrobat Pro.
- Working knowledge of Yardi, ProCore and P6 Scheduling Software is an asset but not required.
- Understanding of the real estate development process.
- Strong work ethic.
- Thrives in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking with strong analytical skills.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and is comfortable working within a team and independently.
- Passion for real estate development and is solutions oriented.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.