Investment & Growth Capital Intern (Summer 2024)
Summer Interns – Summer Interns /
Temporary Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
We are looking for a Summer Intern to join our team of 8 investment professionals in our Vancouver office during the summer of 2024. In this role, you will get exposure to all aspects of the deal process including sourcing, reviewing, executing, and monitoring investments. Our entrepreneurial environment will provide you with significant exposure to our senior deal team, prospect companies, and the overall private capital ecosystem.
- Participate in the sourcing and qualification of investment opportunities
- Support the execution of financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and financing
- Participate in calls with senior management of prospect companies to further diligence efforts
- Assist in managing our deal pipeline through our CRM platform (HubSpot)
- Monitor and analyze ongoing financial and operational performance of portfolio investments
- Prepare research and analysis in support of portfolio investments
- Support day to day business development initiatives to drive deal flow opportunities
- Lead various sector and industry analyses and stay abreast of relevant capital markets activity
Experience and Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, commerce, business, or other related fields
- Must be entering final year of study (i.e. graduation by summer 2025)
- Exceptional academic standing
- Demonstrated interest in private capital and investing evidenced through participation in extracurriculars or previous internships
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of data into succinct written and verbal communication
- Understanding of valuation methodology, cash flow forecasts and balance sheet structuring
- Ability to multi-task across a variety of responsibilities and effectively prioritize when needed
- Must be highly motivated, with a proven ability to work collaboratively within a team of professionals
- To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and a copy of your full unofficial transcripts.
- We thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.