Intern, Industrial Development
Summer Interns – Summer Interns /
Temporary Full Time /
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
We are seeking a summer intern to join our Industrial Development team at Beedie. We are looking for a driven, energetic student who can work well in a collaborative team environment. The selected candidate will be assisting our development team with a number of projects in various stages of the development process. This opportunity will provide valuable insight into the overall industrial development life cycle and will be foundational to a career in development.
- Provide support to Beedie’s Development Team by assisting with:
- Creating and reviewing project budgets
- Creating and reviewing project schedules
- Reviewing City bylaws (Official Community Plans, Zoning etc.) and provide commentary on the impacts to specific development projects.
- Reviewing Design Drawings (ex. Architectural, Landscape and Civil etc.)
- Coordination of Internal/External Meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Assist in research projects important to Beedie’s Development Projects (ex. policy review comparisons, historic cost review etc.)
- Opportunity to participate in internal coordination meetings.
- Opportunity to participate in larger municipal policy advisory projects and communication
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working towards a University degree or college diploma in finance, planning, enginnering or real estate.
- Related work experience is an asset, including that of previous co-op placements, internships, projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with a hands-on working knowledge of MS office platforms, particularly Teams, SharePoint, Planner, Excel and Word.
- Team player, energetic, resourceful, reliable, and timely.
- Eager to work and learn in a fast-paced industry.
- Comfortable working in a professional office setting with some travel to municipalities or job sites.
Your annual salary will be $46,800 ($24/per hour)
In-person interviews will be conducted from February 20th - 27th in our Burnaby head office.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.