QA/QC Site Coordinator
Burnaby, BC /
Industrial Construction – Project Management /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
Beedie is seeking a qualified, experienced candidate to coordinate the onsite Quality Assurance and Quality Control Program. In this role the QA/QC Coordinator would be responsible to ensure the quality requirements established for the project are met.
- Responsible for the overall onsite coordination and administration of the construction quality control plan and/or Inspection and Test Plan.
- Work with QA/QC Lead, Project Management and Superintendents to meet quality requirements established for the project.
- Monitoring and assisting Subcontractors to ensure they are providing and implementing QA/QC documentation, installation records, check sheets and other documentation.
- Work with QA/QC Lead, Project Teams, Consultants and Testing Agencies to implement project specific Construction Quality Control plans and ensure the plans are being followed.
- Support the Project Management team on site throughout the project to confirm requirements to the quality control documents deliverables are being met.
- Work with owner’s representatives to ensure QC checklists and inspection/test plans are implemented for any work specific to processing equipment.
- Conduct periodic inspections and reviews to verify the work is proceeding as per the contract documents and approved CQC plans
- Work with the Consultants and Site Superintendent on closing out site inspection report QA/QC items that require further action.
- Verify that appropriate inspections complete prior to the placement of concrete, steel and other similar items of work.
- Evaluate the adequacy of all applicable quality standards put in place and identify areas of concern.
- Monitor the construction progress for quality assurance, tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities and closeout non-conformance issues.
- Report and document areas of non-compliance and trouble-shoot with Superintendent/ Project Manager.
- Work closely with the Superintendent to ensure all deficiencies in workmanship or materials is rectified prior to the advancement of other activities.
- Participate in site document management/administration and assist in preparing project submittals and closeout documents.
- Coordinate random testing and measuring as required and requested to ensure contract and CQC plan compliance.
- On a frequent basis complete field observations and issue field observation reports for the applicable subcontractors review and action to ensure compliance/conformance.
- Ensure all test results and inspection reports are documented, properly filed, and submitted as required.
- Ensure as-built documentation is collected, reviewed and are a complete documentation of work performed.
- Assist in commissioning of building systems.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Construction management or a related field, construction field experience or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years quality management or similar experience in the construction industry
- Experience in development of Quality System Procedures and Inspections
- Familiarity with various industry codes, standards and regulations governing quality management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Experience with Procore ideal but not required
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.