Residential Construction – Site /
Regular Full Time /
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
Beedie Living is the residential and mixed-use development division of Beedie. Since its inception in 2011, we have expanded our residential portfolio across Metro Vancouver with over 2,700 homes completed and under construction and over 6,700 homes in planning and development. Every home and community we create is built on a foundation of intelligent design, thoughtful details and exceptional craftsmanship. Our buildings stand the test of time and have earned the trust of the community and recognition of the industry.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated and skilled Assistant Superintendent to join our residential construction team. In this role, you will work closely with the Site Superintendent to oversee all aspects of construction project site operations, ensuring the project is completed on time, within budget, and in adherence to high safety, quality, and production standards.
- Working on site under Site Superintendent, assist with trade management, carpentry and general labour requirements
- Assist Site Superintendent in managing employees, construction sub-trades and suppliers on the job site, mitigate as required
- Review on-site work to confirm that project is being built as per drawings, specifications, code and ensure that all finishes are to the Company’s and industry standards
- Maintain or expedite the project schedule through efficient and quality work
- Ensure crew compliance with company policies and procedures
- Accountable for the preparation of progress reports and daily production records
- Promote the safe and efficient use of equipment, advancing a culture of safety at all times
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to date logs (Drawings, Vendor/Subcontractor list, RFI'S, Change Request, Extras)
- Maintain daily communication with Site Superintendent and record daily construction activity
- Assist with communication between sub trades, construction crew, and office staff
- Attend project coordination, client, architect, engineer and design meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience working in the construction industry, ideally working as a Lead Hand or Foreman
- Red seal certified or equivalent experience
- Construction knowledge – overall understanding of construction processes, sequencing and planning concepts
- Ability to understand the scopes of work project and schedule, as well as interpret drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- Past experience with cast in place buildings
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
$108,000 - $120,000 a year
The annual base pay range for this position will be based on the desired experience level for this role. Additionally, Beedie recognizes exceptional individual and team performance through our pay-for-performance bonus program. Factors that contribute to pay decisions include: relevant business and candidate factors such as market location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and organizational needs.
The base salary and bonus are just a few key components of the overall compensation at Beedie. We also provide generous learning and development support, comprehensive group health benefits, vacation, maternity leave top-up, RRSP matching, paid time for volunteering, and more...
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.