Intern, Project Coordinator
Summer Interns – Summer Interns /
Temporary Full Time /
Who We Are
Since 1954, Beedie has combined innovation and craftsmanship to bring new possibilities to life. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest industrial and residential developers, having completed more than 35 million square feet of new development across BC, Alberta, southern Ontario, and Las Vegas, Nevada. With multiple industrial projects currently under construction and 9 projects totaling over 1.5M SF currently in development across the GTA, Beedie is looking for talented individuals to join our growing Ontario team as we continue to build for good.
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
We are seeking a summer intern to join our Industrial Project Management team at Beedie. We are looking for a driven, energetic student who can work well in a collaborative team environment. The selected candidate will be assisting multiple project teams at various stages of their respective projects. This opportunity will provide valuable insight into the overall project management dynamic across all stages of the industrial construction process.
- Play a supporting role for our project coordinator and project management teams on industrial construction projects
- Coordinate the exchange of information between multiple team members such as subcontractors, project design team, internal construction team and general contractors
- Assist in the review of design documentation and drawings for various disciplines such as the architect, project engineers and consultants — analysis of the proposed design with the progress of on-site construction on various job sites
- Working closely with the project team to facilitate the procurement of materials, design documentation from suppliers and subcontractors
- Participate in meetings with various parties to ensure the communication is documented concisely and accurately
- Assist the project team in tendering and procurement of numerous scopes associated with the current stage of their respective projects
- Assist the project team in maintaining and reporting on tracking logs required for monitoring items such as RFI’s, procurement, and subcontracts
- Assist in the obtainment, review, maintenance and approval of shop drawings and related documents
- Assist field site staff with site coordination, tracking, site conditions and verifying RFI’s
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working towards a University degree or college diploma in a related field such as civil engineering, building construction, or construction management.
- Related work experience is an asset, including that of previous co-op placements, internships, projects.
- Experience in the field of building construction is a definite asset but is not mandatory.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with a hands-on working knowledge of MS office platforms, particularly Excel and Word with additional familiarity in beneficial software like Procore and Bluebeam.
- Team player, energetic, resourceful, reliable, and timely.
- Eager to work and learn in a fast-paced industry.
- Comfortable working in a professional office setting and travelling locally to job sites
Your annual salary will be $46,800 ($24/per hour)
In-person interviews will be conducted from February 20th - 27th in our Burnaby head office.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.