Construction Safety Officer, Residential
Vancouver, BC /
Residential Construction – Site /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Safety Officer (CSO) for a new residential development in West Vancouver.
- Responsible for executing Beedie HS&E programs in all types of situations (project start-up, duration and close out) on our job sites
- Promoting a culture of job site safety, where safety is a shared responsibility
- Preparing site safety plans, conducting hazard assessments, incident investigations and risk assessments as required
- Ensuring all accidents, incidents and injuries are properly reported to all appropriate parties
- Facilitating and participating in site inspections, and implementing corrective action as required
- Regularly monitoring safety compliance of workers and sub-contractors
- Conducting safety meetings and toolbox talks
- Maintaining and preparing thorough documentation and reports
- Keeping management updated on issues that arise
- Administering first-aid as necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Certified Construction Safety Officer (CSO) or (NCSO) designation
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years Health and Safety experience
- Minimum Occupational First Aid Level II (OFA 2)
- Good knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations, policies, guidelines and standards
- Proactive in identifying hazards and implementing corrective measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to commute to site in West Vancouver
- Own vehicle required
Beedie offers long-term career potential, a competitive hourly rate, ICBA group benefit package, annual bonus, and work gear reimbursement.
Beedie employees give back by proudly supporting local non-profit organizations that strengthen the communities we work, play and live in.
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.