Land Development – Land Operations /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of multiple construction sites, supervising multiple sub-contractors, and promoting company policies. The successful candidate will play an integral role in implementing the project plan and schedule, ensuring safety, quality control, and delegating work to field staff, contractors and various trades. The successful candidate will report to the Land Development Superintendent / General Superintendent.
- Manage day-to-day construction activities for multiple construction sites. This primarily includes: reviewing civil works undertaken by civil contractors to ensure their work complies with drawings and specifications; and monitoring civil contractor progress to ensure alignment with the project schedule.
- Work with other Beedie personnel, engineers and contractors to do value engineering, work planning, scheduling and rough budgeting.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are achieved.
- Review of grading, civil and preload drawings with the ability to do basic layouts.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment. Responsible for ensuring that all materials delivered to site are in accordance to standards and specifications.
- Supervises field employees and subcontractors making sure their work is planned and performed efficiently and makes sure their extra work orders (EWO) and timesheets are accurately coded.
- Continuously on alert for situations that are not progressing productively and for opportunities to improve project performance.
- Support Land Development General Superintendent as needed for project specific needs.
- Maintain a library of progress photos and reports for assigned projects.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Health and Safety Program to promote overall compliance of Beedie Construction standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree/certification in a civil discipline considered an asset.
- 2-5 years of progressive experience with mid-size construction projects with focus on earth and civil works (i.e. utility, industrial plant, road building projects, dump/fill sites or similar)
- Must possess a valid BC driver’s license.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and provide solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and identify solutions.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- First-hand knowledge of earth moving equipment (excavator, dozer, and trucks) with the ability to match the right equipment with the job, understand efficiencies and productivity rates.
- Knowledge of construction documents, scheduling, contracts, costs, and budgets.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and contractors
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software.
$90,000 - $100,000 a year
The annual base pay range for this position will be based on the desired experience level for this role. Additionally, Beedie recognizes exceptional individual and team performance through our pay-for-performance bonus program. Factors that contribute to pay decisions include: relevant business and candidate factors such as market location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and organizational needs.
The base salary and bonus are just a few key components of the overall compensation at Beedie. We also provide generous learning and development support, comprehensive group health benefits, vacation, maternity leave top-up, RRSP matching, paid time for volunteering, and more...
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.