Junior Project Accountant
Burnaby, BC /
Finance – Project Accounting /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
The Junior Project Accountant will provide key analytical, and quantitative support to the project accountants. They will be technically strong in different IT systems, analytical and curious by nature, and have a strong work ethic to navigate the various deliverables. The junior PA will learn and grow into their role with the intention of graduating into a Project Accountant over time.
- Prepare construction billings, development management fees, construction management fees, sales & marketing fees, and other related invoices for residential projects
- Track pending invoices for accrual in construction billings, bank draws, and cash calls
- Create job cost clearing entries to capitalize bank transactions to projects
- Roll forward and update bank draws, and cash calls each month, reconcile draws and cash calls to job cost reports including accruals
- Coordinate execution of lender forms each month for bank financing including requests for advance, statutory declarations, and other documents are required
- Prepare entries to record deposits from purchasers in the GL and monthly DPI draws prior to construction financing.
- Assist in gathering required documents for project financing
- Set up/roll forward monthly cash flow models for Project Accountant. Review, calculate, and assist in reporting on monthly cash flow and project working capital variances to management
- Contract administration/review; running analytic reports on project contracts to identify negative balances and spending trends. Compare contract reports to CF forecasts to identify gaps and provide feedback to budget owners; building summary schedules
- Support PA with financial project risk assessments including working capital gaps and adherence with the lien act
- Reviewing labour hours coded to projects to ensure all billable time has been entered by staff
- Set up new Yardi properties and jobs as required, upload budgets and budget revisions
- Reconcile job costs between Procore and Yardi
- Create journal entries to reallocate project costs in accordance with ASPE
- Ad hoc analysis as requested by Project Accountants or Senior Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Completed post-secondary degree in finance or accounting
- Working towards, or planning to work towards, a CPA designation
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Strong decision making, communication (both verbal and written), and analytical skills
- An organized self-starter who is attentive to detail and able to work independently
- Able to balance competing priorities and prioritize deliverables while keeping stakeholders informed of progress
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.