Asset Management – Property Management /
Temporary Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Property Manager to oversee our extensive industrial property portfolios. This position is a 12-month contract role and holds a pivotal position within our organization. As the Property Manager, your primary duty will be to manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of our industrial properties, with a keen focus on providing exceptional service to our esteemed tenants.
Your core responsibilities will encompass financial management, tenant relations, and property operations, all geared towards guaranteeing the smooth and efficient functioning of our industrial properties. Your efforts will be instrumental in ensuring their financial prosperity while simultaneously nurturing tenant contentment and fostering lasting relationships.
- Interact and effectively communicate directly with Senior Director, Property Management on financial performance, property operations, capital project execution, staffing and tenant relations
- Ensure excellent tenant relations by providing exceptional management service through knowledge, practice and personal contact
- Responsible for building revenues and expenses including preparing and operating within an approved budget: analyzing monthly financial statements and preparing monthly management reports; ensuring tenant billings and year-end adjustments are correct and conform with lease
- Ensure excellent tenant relations through personal contact, development of tenant retention plan, and exceptional customer service
- Oversee accounts receivable to ensure accounts are maintained at an acceptable level including recommending default proceedings, maintaining liaison with lawyers, collection agencies, etc. to ensure proper collection
- Oversee accounts payable to ensure that contractors are paid on time and that Beedie’s reputation as a trusted buyer of goods and services is maintained
- Make recommendations and oversee execution of capital projects including building improvements and leasehold improvements; ensure preventative maintenance program for building systems are completed; obtain prices, secure and monitor maintenance/service contracts to ensure cost effective operations
- Administer leases to ensure all requirements are maintained and obligations are met
- Ensure efficient operation, maintenance and repair of the property including compliance with government regulations, achievement of maintenance/life safety standards and sourcing cost effective ways to operate
- Complete consistent and regular property inspections to ensure high standard of operation and appearance at all times
- Supervise and/or develop appropriate operating procedures ensuring legislative or regulatory requirements are adhered to and emergency response procedures are regularly updated
- Complete and document move-in and exit reports and ensure that vacant spaces are secure and marketable at all times
- Other duties as required and assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education in business or real estate.
- RPA or CPM designation will be considered an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years property management experience in commercial portfolios
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written)
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants and the public
- Partner with tenants to meet their needs
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Adaptable to new ideas and constant changes
- Ability to cope with changing tenant needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license and vehicle to travel to Beedie properties
- Experience with YARDI integrated accounting is an asset
$80,000 - $95,000 a year
The annual base pay range for this position will be based on the desired experience level for this role. Additionally, Beedie recognizes exceptional individual and team performance through our pay-for-performance bonus program. Factors that contribute to pay decisions include: relevant business and candidate factors such as market location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and organizational needs.
The base salary and bonus are just a few key components of the overall compensation at Beedie. We also provide generous learning and development support, comprehensive group health benefits, vacation, maternity leave top-up, RRSP matching, paid time for volunteering, and more...
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.