Senior Project Manager
Residential Construction – Project Management /
Regular Full Time /
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
Beedie Living is the residential and mixed-use development division of Beedie. Since our launch in 2011, we have expanded our residential portfolio across the Greater Vancouver Area. Beedie Living has completed 1,500 homes to date, currently has 1,000 homes under construction and an additional 4,000 homes in our development pipeline.
The Senior Project Manager will be joining Beedie at a very exciting time as we have multiple new projects beginning. Reporting to the Director, Residential Project Management, you will be responsible for managing residential and mixed-use construction projects (up to $80 million+ value) throughout the entire project lifecycle, from site acquisition through project completion and stabilization.
- Responsible for on time, on budget, high quality and safe delivery of assigned projects throughout for the entire project life cycle
- Responsible for project planning including establishing project objectives, policies, procedures, performance standards, risk analysis, quality control, project communication and flow of information
- Effectively communicate with external and internal partners and team members to design, value engineer and negotiate construction contracts to meet timely delivery of the project
- Responsible for tendering, analysis, negotiation, scope definition and contract design for all project procurement
- Contribute with planning and estimating
- Facilitate the review and distribution of drawings, specifications, change orders, site instructions, RFI's and inspection reports
- Manage project resources, external sub-contractors, and suppliers to accomplish the business objectives
- Oversee the project team to ensure their timeliness, budgeting, scheduling, and quality standards are met and processes are executed
- Ensure timely recognition of potential issues, thoroughly investigate cause/effect, and assesses key factors
- Chair required planning and check in meetings in order to ensure successful project execution
- Attend and provides input in regular and monthly project status meetings
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain good relationships with clients
- Participate in final inspection of the project along with the Service and Warranty department and work with the project team to correct any remaining deficiencies
- Complete periodic reviews of the completed buildings to implement ongoing quality control measures into any future designs and projects
- Other related duties as required
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 5-10 years’ experience with high-rise and residential and mixed-use construction projects
- Combination of training and experience will be considered, degree or diploma in Applied Science, Engineering or Business, or other professional certification such as PMP, P.Eng
- Ability to effectively communicate with owners, trades and consultants
- Knowledge of construction contracts and construction law
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Written communication includes business letters, construction cost claims, site instructions etc.
- Experience writing technical reports
- Able to manage people and lead a project team
- Detailed and organized
- Strong understanding of residential construction, sequencing and flow of information
- Estimating experience or understanding of estimating. Able to perform material take-offs and quantity checks
- Strong computer skills and should be familiar with MS office, MS Project, ProCore, BlueBeam and AutoCAD
- Problem solver, adaptable and solution oriented, solid conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of project accounting and experience with project forecasting and reporting to financial institutions and quantity surveyor
- Experience designing project execution plans and monitoring key performance indicators
$140,000 - $175,000 a year
The annual base pay range for this position will be based on the desired experience level for this role. Additionally, Beedie recognizes exceptional individual and team performance through our pay-for-performance bonus program. Factors that contribute to pay decisions include: relevant business and candidate factors such as market location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and organizational needs.
The base salary and bonus are just a few key components of the overall compensation at Beedie. We also provide generous learning and development support, comprehensive group health benefits, vacation, maternity leave top-up, RRSP matching, paid time for volunteering, and more...
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.