Finance – Project Accounting /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
A key member of Finance, providing decision support to Construction and Development through critical thinking, creativity and collaboration. Responsible for overseeing project job costing, GL maintenance, working capital and treasury management, and project decision support for all construction and development activities for assigned projects. Requires a good grasp of construction and development operations, contracts, and understanding of project capital budgeting, capital stacks, and project financing, balanced with experience in financial reporting and GAAP compliance.
- Monitor project costs, report and explain variances
- Prepare project cash flow and cost projections
- Prepare monthly progress draws/invoices and related collections. Assist in gathering loan documents for construction financing
- Maintain and update standard cost codes and job records
- Manage and maintain project trial balances and reconcile GL and WIP
- Liaise with project team, vendors and other staff as required
- Administer and reconcile letters of credit and bonds
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare audit information and support related to Construction and Development transactions
- Assist with KPIs and financial statements
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger for Land Development, Construction, and Development projects
- Follow all aspects of month end close activities to meet deadlines
- Handle special projects, responsibilities and other duties as assigned by Manager
- Support the Finance, Construction, Land, and Development teams as required
- Prepare year-end file for assigned projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in construction and/or development project accounting
- University level education with a financial focus
- Knowledge of GAAP and REALPAC an asset
- Completion or in pursuit of professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Strong decision making, communication (both verbal and written), and analytical skills
- An organized self-starter who is attentive to detail and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute effectively within a team environment
- Solid computer skills –Yardi experience an asset, Excel, strong MS Office knowledge, CaseWare
- Procore experience an asset
$75,000 - $90,000 a year
The annual base pay range for this position will be based on the desired experience level for this role. Additionally, Beedie recognizes exceptional individual and team performance through our pay-for-performance bonus program. Factors that contribute to pay decisions include: relevant business and candidate factors such as market location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and organizational needs.
The base salary and bonus are just a few key components of the overall compensation at Beedie. We also provide generous learning and development support, comprehensive group health benefits, vacation, maternity leave top-up, RRSP matching, paid time for volunteering, and more...
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.