Support – Office Admin /
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
At Beedie, we foster talent, encourage innovation, and reward success. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team and share our passion for doing the best work of our lives. Our approach is simple: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. And, we’ve been recognized as a top employer provincially and nationally. Our people are the heart and soul of our organization. If you are passionate, hardworking, ambitious, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company that will take your career forward, join us.
The Office Administrator plays a pivotal role in ensuring Beedie’s operational processes are at the highest level. You are a customer service guru who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role includes both front and back of house duties.
Primary responsibilities include support with office and travel administration, facilities maintenance, process creation/improvement, cultivating vendor relationships, and providing exceptional client service. You are incredibly pro-active, not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get ANY job done, and you are a master at anticipating needs and expertly navigating ambiguity.
- Welcome visitors in-person or on the telephone; answering/referring inquiries, guiding them to the appropriate meeting rooms, offering refreshments as needed
- Opening/closing duties of the Downtown office; providing vacation/sick reception coverage in our Burnaby Head Office as required
- Manage a multi-line switchboard, screening cold calls, taking messages, and forwarding to the appropriate individuals
- Provide superior customer service while maintaining privacy and confidentiality
- Receive, sort, distribute and coordinate incoming/outgoing mail including priority post, packages, courier services and other correspondence
- Maintain overall cleanliness of office kitchen, boardrooms, gym space and reception, ensuring a tidy and presentable workplace
- Assist with various office duties (printing, filing, scanning, copying, binding/assembling etc.)
- Monitor usage, organize, and coordinate distribution of weekly office fruits and snacks
- Inventory management: ordering and organizing coffee/tea, snacks, office stationery and kitchen supplies as needed
- Servicing of coffee/ice machines, office equipment, gym equipment etc., liaising with appropriate vendors or individuals where support is needed
- Coordinate meetings, liaising with teams to move and re-schedule as required
- Assist with organizing catered lunches, sourcing vendors, and liaising with requestor on event details
- Process creation and efficiency (i.e., automation where applicable) to optimize office operations
- Organize and file documents either electronically or with a paper filing system
- Monitor multiple email inboxes, attending to tasks in a timely manner and/or directing queries to relevant departments
- Set up or clean up of workstations/offices for new or departing employees
- Support coordinating of office moves/renovations: updating contact lists, office seating layouts and parking arrangements
- Liaise with vendors addressing concerns or additional required tasks (i.e., cleaners, plant maintenance, dry cleaners, iron mountain, personal trainer contractors)
- Coordinating the cataloguing of files stored off-site at Iron Mountain; administration of the on-site archive warehouse
- Errands and projects as assigned
- Research and make travel arrangements including flights, hotel and car (including rental car insurance tracking)
- Ensure that all travel arrangements are made ensuring maximum efficiency, cost effectiveness and accuracy
- Tracking of travel bookings, specifically hotel and flight cancellations, to ensure appropriate credits/refunds are received
- Create travel itineraries and manage change requests, ensuring all changes are communicated with the applicable employee(s)
- Track and update travel logistics
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative, customer service and/or office function role
- Strong interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to contribute effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and without minimal supervision
- Intermediate computer skills - Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Able to schedule and track multiple requests from start to completion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to identify, assess and solve problems independently and proactively
- Strong sense of integrity, professionalism, and loyalty with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Proactive, positive attitude, outgoing and good sense of humor
- Flexible, ability to adapt to fast-paced environments and comfortable with ambiguity
$50,000 - $62,000 a year
The annual base pay range for this position will be based on the desired experience level for this role. Additionally, Beedie recognizes exceptional individual and team performance through our pay-for-performance bonus program. Factors that contribute to pay decisions include: relevant business and candidate factors such as market location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and organizational needs.
The base salary and bonus are just a few key components of the overall compensation at Beedie. We also provide generous learning and development support, comprehensive group health benefits, vacation, maternity leave top-up, RRSP matching, paid time for volunteering, and more...
We value your interest in Beedie. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.