Senior Full Stack JS Engineer - GitBook [54-61k EUR CDI]
Software Development - General – GitBook
On site or Remote
GitBook adventure began mid-2014 as an open-source tool for developers to build documentation. Aaron and Samy created this tool that is facilitating the creation of documentation, as an originally simple open source project. It was quickly adopted by more than 500,000 users. Their mission is to allow teams of any size, whether technical or not, to write documentations that are as much a pleasure to discover as to write. It is a modern documentation platform where teams can document everything from products, to APIs and internal knowledge-bases, where they can share knowledge, boost team's productivity and make users happy. Today, GitBook is supported by some of the best European VCs and used by hundreds of companies like Adobe, Coursera, DuckDuckGo or Redux and synced with GitHub, Slack, Google Analytics and Intercom.
What you will be doing:
- develop our product and make it scale to hundreds of thousands monthly users,
- improve & design both new and existing features of any part of the product; from the dashboard, the editing engine, and the collaboration tools, to the data modeling, the public API, and service integration,
- work on shaping the engineering workflows at GitBook to scale our product and the team; and go "one step beyond",
- using your successful experiences in developing, releasing and maintaining web applications in a fast-growing environment,
- displaying a "roll up your sleeves" attitude.
What you need to have:
- a good vision on both front-end and back-end challenges and specs,
- strong product mindset,
- proactive attitude when it comes to product development,
- inner desire to understand what are you working on,
- ability to architecture software that is simple, maintainable and balances pragmatism and understandability,
- passion to automate and document everything.
Other important skills include:
- performance optimization,
- good experience with technologies like: Go, Google Cloud Platform, Algolia, Firebase,
- design skills,
- past startup experience (as founder/co-founder or employee would be a benefit).
For your work we can offer:
- The salary in the range of 54 - 61 K EUR on CDI,
- flexible working hours,
- remote work 80%,
- task-oriented approach,
- 5 weeks of paid holidays/year,
- 2 times a year offsite team meetings,
- medical insurance,
- lunch vouchers.
Sounds interesting? Don’t hesitate! APPLY or reach out to me directly: