Senior Software Engineer / Architect
United States /
Engineering (SW, Data, DevSecOps, Test) – QMARS /
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We need engineers who love to build software that leads to performant, elegant, and useful solutions used by millions of Americans. People use our solutions to provide information about care and coverage when it is needed most to make decisions about their health. We develop digital services that empower patients and caregivers with cost and quality information, as they have come to expect.
Do you like to tackle complex problems and help define/build their solution? Do you like to translate the needs of humans into software designs and solutions? Do you enjoy complex data analysis with large data sets? If you answer “yes” to many/all of these questions then you may be just the kind of person we are looking for.
Our team is charged with maintaining and improving the software at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that supports the Quality Management and Review Systems (QMARS) program. QMARS online case management system supports the CMS Beneficiary and Family-Centered Care (BFCC) Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) program. The QIO program is one of the largest federal programs dedicated to improving healthcare quality for Medicare beneficiaries across the country. Our teams will continuously strive to modernize these systems while improving them in ways that reduce provider burden and minimize costs to CMS. We do this through HCD and Service design practices, product thinking, and skilled engineering. At Bellese, we’re relentlessly focused on enabling and empowering providers to focus on improving the quality and safety of patient care.
Bellese Technologies is a cutting-edge civic technology firm. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. Bellese is minority-owned and operated. We provide an environment focused on helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
You’re good at
- Able to translate ideas into actionable solutions
- Comfort working with engineering teams to implement solutions
- Able to analyze insights and complex problems
- High comfort level with product development lifecycle - from research, through design inception, through implementation
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and inter-team skills- ability to listen and consider input from team members
- Designing an application architecture for infrastructure & feature development teams.
- Technically lead and coach full-stack software engineers and aid infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing full-stack application architectures that are secure and can scale with load.
- Research and prototype emerging technologies
- Design and develop scalable and fault-tolerant APIs
- Working with API authorization specifications
We need your help to
- Participate in product discussions with the product owner, users, and infrastructure and feature development teams to understand and define acceptance criteria, and estimate user stories
- Continuous research and prototype of emerging technologies to recommend for feature development teams
- Work closely with infrastructure and feature development teams to develop secure, fault-tolerant and scalable application architectures
- Work closely with software engineers to integrate with external enterprise systems
- Work in an agile environment, delivering incremental product functionality in short iterations
- Share the vision for system architecture with technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders
- Explain not only “how” a system should be built, but articulating “why” it should be built that way
- Design enterprise-scale, cloud-based architectures that maximizing performance while minimizing costsSolving complex data-intensive solutions using the latest streaming, big-data technologies
- Use the API-First approach to create flexible, scalable solutions
- Leveraging cloud IaC and build tools (Lambda, API Gateway, Terraform, Jest, Mocha/Chai, CloudFormation, Kubernetes) to automate the build and deploy processes
Extra credit for expertise in
- Working with the following: AWS. Cloudbees Jenkins or another similar CI/CD pipeline tool.
- Working knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards, security software development, Splunk, global infrastructure, virtual clouds, virtual computing, serverless computing, load balancing and networking, data storage and data streaming, Security, Trunk-based development, Feature flagging, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Using Atlassian Jira to increase the efficiency of and transparency into the work management of an agile software development team.
- Healthcare product management where access to the users is difficult, expensive, or impossible.
- Experience with a variety of Agile frameworks.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Mural.
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Macbook Pro, home monitor, $150 annual electronics stipend
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Full-time remote work (from anywhere in the United States), even post-pandemic
- Great people and minority ownership that is committed to “Improving the healthcare journey through civic innovation.”
- A commitment to civic technology and working on things that make an impact
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply For This Job” and get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
Executive Order requiring COVID safety protocols
Bellese employees are Federal Workers and are subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, dated September 9, 2021 (published in the Federal Register on September 14, 2021, 86 FR 50985). As condition of employment, employees will need to provide either: a: proof of completed COVID vaccinations OR b: have an approved medical or religious exemption and proof of weekly COVID testing.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement