Senior Full Stack Engineer
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company built on technology. The industry today is riddled with inefficiencies and–more often than not–a reputation for letting customers down. We believe moving should be something you look forward to. We think it should be fun, even. That’s why we set out to do just that with an industry-first business model that brings down costs and empowers our movers (bellhops) to deliver unforgettable, “high-five” moving experiences.
This is where you come in…
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer (6+ years experience) with product intuition who is passionate about building great web applications in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment. As a full stack engineer focused on customer experience, you'd be responsible for developing frontend applications and extending our backend platform in order to deliver a world class customer experience. We're passionate and pumped to be disrupting an antiquated industry. Help us change the way people move.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team. You enjoy collaborating with and mentoring other engineers.
- Iterative Development. You think a MVP is the best way to make a point. You thrive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting.
- Strong fundamentals. You have a deep understanding of modern web technologies including ES6, React, Sass, and server-side MVC frameworks (e.g. Django or Ruby on Rails).
- Passion for Users. You care about delivering world class UX and when your users hurt, you hurt. You know how to interact with designers and product managers to build something you are proud of.
- Versatility. You understand how the layers of the stack (front-end, database, networking, etc.) fit together and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Business Insight. You desire to build products that drive the business forward. AB tests and analytics are part of how you operate.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
- Because moving stinks... Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. Our goal is to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transform a $15B industry.
- … and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
- Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
- Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.
About our team...
We currently manage a growing e-commerce market and labor force management system for thousands of our contractors and customers. Engineers that work with us will be expected to adopt team practices and, after on-boarding, work closely with team members to meet the desires and needs of our customers and operations team. We often pair program when making architectural changes but put our heads down on days when minor changes are requested. Our team operates at a fast pace and will cloud deploy multiple versions of our product continuously throughout the day. We’re growing quickly and new team members will not only be critical to our success but have a great deal of input into the course of the company from a technical perspective. We need your influence and we want your experience.