Market Operations Manager
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company on a crusade to transform the $15B+ moving market into an industry that’s more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We combine our tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver easier and more enjoyable moving experiences at prices that are +20% less than industry. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer experiences in a space that is known for the status quo.
This is where you come in...
As a Market Operations Manager, you will help drive innovation, scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, and support markets across a region (i.e. West, Southeast, Northeast). This role will work closely with cross-functional and cross-team counterparts (i.e. Marketing, Product, Finance, and other Ops teams) to lead high impact initiatives across both the region and the company.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship! We are overhauling the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Access and analyze marketplace data - You will leverage internal and external data to understand the key drivers of marketplace health within the region. Using that data, you will prioritize and deliver on the highest-impact projects to push the region towards the next level.
- Develop top-notch operational standards - You will establish best-in-class operational processes and work cross-functionally to execute on them. You will then document both your wins and losses to ensure that the best practices are common knowledge across all operations teams.
- Experiment constantly - You will source new ideas to constantly push experimentation of existing processes. You will then rapidly test in the real world and document both failures and successes to share with the rest of the team.
- Grow and adapt to business needs - We’re still a startup in a fast growth phase putting new operations and technology processes that are new to an industry. The role can and will change over the course of time and you will be able to rise to the occasion to tackle changing business problems.
WHAT KIND OF CO-PILOT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Analytical aptitude - You are data-driven and know how to utilize data to make decisions that are backed by numbers. You also understand the concept of using an experimentation process to explore observations and answers found in a preliminary analysis. *SQL experience is a bonus.
- Entrepreneurial do-er - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Clear communicator - You can communicate clearly and efficiently. This is a cross-functional role which will require constant communication to position yourself as a resource for other teams but also leverage internal expertise to ensure region success.
- Strong foundation - You have a 4-year degree (BS/BA) and 2-4 years of experience within a fast-paced work environment such as finance, consulting, or operations at a technology start-up.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
- Because moving stinks... - Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
- … and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
- Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
- Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. The drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhops is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhops strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.