Team Lead, Inside Sales
Bellhops is the fastest growing company in the $15B moving market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our first-to-industry tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in…
Bellhops may be a modern tech-enabled moving company where you can easily book your move online, but half our customers still opt to pick up the phone and call us at some point in the decision process. You lead a team of 5 - 10 associates that take inbound calls. Your team sets the initial expectations with our potential customers, introduces them to the Bellhops service, encourages them to book by demonstrating our competence and experience in moving, and ensures that the customer is completely set up for success on move day.
- Coach and develop your team - Coach and develop the sales team that forms the first impression with our customers. Mentors your , associates so they are the perfect ambassadors of our brand.
- Help agents develop the perfect pitch - Assist agents in developing their pitch, in how they position Bellhops and our services to customers. You also know it’s critical to set customers up for success, so in addition to closing the deal you help your team perfect their craft in estimating move length and recommended crew size.
- Strategic Thinker - Identify systemic solutions to effectively increase your team’s profitability while improving the overall experience of our customers.
- Develop standard operating processes - Refine the playbook for how your team handles everyday and challenging situations. Train the team up on those processes so we can deliver an amazing experience every time. Become an expert on moving.
- Team Player - You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Excel, Data & Reporting Wiz - You are capable of developing basic competence in data reporting (Excel, etc.).
What kind of co-pilot are we looking for?
- Sales management - This is a sales management position where a critical part of your role will be coaching your agents to boost conversion rates, building their objection handling toolkit, and performance managing the team.
- Business judgement - Augment and train the decision making capabilities of your staff as you strive to navigate challenging situations and deliver outstanding customer and bellhop experiences.
- Management and leadership experience - Managerial experience as well as a high EQ. Inspire and lead your team.
- Customer focus and empathy - You deeply care about our customers and bellhops, and want to deliver an amazing experience every time. Your focus isn’t just on closing the deal, it’s on providing an outstanding experience every time
- A bachelor’s degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience plus 2+ years of professional experience. Backgrounds in sales and customer service, or at a modern tech firm preferred.
Why work at Bellhops?
- Because moving stinks... - Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
- … and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
- Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
We’re located in the heart of the Innovation District of Chattanooga, TN on the 5th floor of a 100+ year old warehouse building on top of some of the best restaurants/bars in the city. Never heard of Chattanooga? Do yourself a favor and Google a few images. We’ve been elected as Best Town Ever by Outdoor Magazine, Best Outdoor City by Blue Ridge Outdoors, and many others. It’s an outdoor mecca, smack in the middle of world class hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hang gliding, and watersports. Local breweries galore, awesome food, and the closest thing we have to an hour commute is when we drive down to Atlanta for a Braves or Falcons game.