Associate Manager, Truck Operations
Chattanooga, TN /
Carrier Operations /
Bellhop is one of the fastest-growing companies in the $30B moving market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a more trustworthy, reliable, and fun space. We combine our first-to-industry tech-enabled logistics management platform with an outstanding crew of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in...
As a Manager of Truck Operations, you will be in charge of recruiting carriers, building partnerships, and developing long-term business relationships. You will have the opportunity to run a broker-like business model in multiple markets across the United States. If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
What you can look forward to owning:
- Recruit carriers - A big part of this role is outbound carrier acquisition. That means contacting potential carriers, interesting them in Bellhops, and orienting new carriers onto Bellhops’ platform.
- Manage a pool of carriers - You will be cultivating relationships with new and old carrier partners. It will be your direct responsibility to gather schedules and assign jobs. It will also be your job to listen, manage, and lead carriers to create a highly functioning team.
- Develop platform carriers love - You will be on the phone and emailing with carriers every day. A large part of your job is to listen to their feedback. Learn from what they are telling you and incorporate their feedback as we continue to innovate towards a platform that all carriers love working on.
We are excited if you have the following:
- Entrepreneurial spirit - You can thrive in the startup environment and continue to operate at a high output level. You roll up your sleeves and do work yourself. You like to stay flexible and not confine yourself to a rigid plan.
- Sharp Communicator - You will need to be able to communicate clearly and frequently with both your team and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Teammate through and through - You can easily work cross-functionally and with others to achieve our goals. You have experience working in high-functioning teams that collectively delivered great results. You win others over with trust and sincerity and care as deeply about the team’s happiness as your own.
- A bachelor’s degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience plus 1-2 years of professional experience). Background in outbound sales, freight brokerage, 3PL, supply chain for retail/consumer goods company, or a moving company is strongly preferred.
Other skillsets that would help you ROCK this role:
- Business judgment - Augment and train the decision-making capabilities of your staff as you manage an autonomous unit that delivers high growth and profitability via an outstanding customer and bellhop experience.
- Management and leadership experience - Management experience with high EQ to inspire and lead your team. Bonus: Prior experience managing a large hourly or military workforce.
- Ability to think analytically - Experience using data to drive your daily operations and strategic decisions using Company Dashboards and SQL
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Process acumen - You have the ability to build and document complex processes with many moving parts and dependencies from scratch.
- Clear communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights.
- You have 2+ years of operations experience - Bachelor’s degree required or relevant work experience in lieu of.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. We're driven to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers. We learn from mistakes quickly.
Servant’s Heart. We're devoted to caring for others by putting them first and treating them as we'd like to be treated. We approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness. We always give more than we take.
Winning Drive. We're committed to getting things done the right way even if it's the hard way. We relentlessly raise the bar in our efforts.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Benefits to Enjoy Include:
Dental, Medical, & Vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Unlimited Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Bellhop believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.