Associate Manager - Truck Operations
As a manager of trucking partners, you will be in charge of recruiting carriers, building partnerships, and developing long term business relationships. You will have the opportunity to run a broker-like business model in multiple markets across the United States. If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Recruit carriers - A big part of this role is outbound carrier acquisition. That means contacting potential carriers, interesting them in Bellhops, and orienting new carriers onto Bellhops’ platform.
- Manage a pool of carriers - You will be cultivating relationships with new and old carrier partners. It will be your direct responsibility to gather schedules and assign jobs. It will also be your job to listen, manage, and lead carriers to create a highly functioning team.
- Develop a platform carriers love - You will be on the phone and emailing with carriers every day. A large part of your job is listen to their feedback. Learn from what they are telling you and incorporate their feedback as we continue to innovate towards a platform that all carriers love working on.
- Trucking industry experience - It is preferred that you will have experience within a freight brokerage, 3PL, supply chain for a retail/consumer goods company, or a moving company.
- Outbound sales - You have experience in a high volume transactional sales environment or the have desire to hustle and learn.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - You can thrive in the startup environment and continue to operate at a high output level. You roll up your sleeves and do work yourself. You like to stay flexible and not confine yourself to a rigid plan.
- Sharp Communicator - You will need to be able to communicate clearly and frequently with both your team and with other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Teammate through and through - You can easily work cross-functionally and with others to achieve our goals. You have experience working in high functioning teams that collectively delivered great results. You win others over with trust and sincerity, and care as deeply about the team’s happiness as your own.
Why Work at Bellhops?
Because moving stinks…
Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
… and we have the recipe to fix it
Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
Our culture and team sets us apart
We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our bellhops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc. We may or may not have a company boat, too :)
We’re located in the heart of the Innovation District of Chattanooga, TN on the 5th floor of a 100+ year old warehouse building on top of some of the best restaurants/bars in the city. Never heard of Chattanooga? Do yourself a favor and Google a few images. We’ve been elected as Best Town Ever by Outdoor Magazine, Best Outdoor City by Blue Ridge Outdoors, and many others. It’s an outdoor mecca, smack in the middle of world class hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hang gliding, and watersports. Local breweries galore, awesome food, and the closest thing we have to an hour commute is when we drive down to Atlanta for a Braves or Falcons game.
We believe in equal opportunity employment, and think you should too!