Chief of Staff
Bellhops offers customers a modern alternative to traditional moving companies by using a tech-enabled logistics-management platform to pair them with the most qualified drivers and movers in more than 39 cities across the country. The result is friendly, low-stress moving services that make getting to the next stop in life much, much easier. From our simple booking process and pricing structure to our talented workers and attentive concierge team, everything about the company has been designed to create the most enjoyable experience possible.
This is where you come in...
Reporting directly to our CEO, the successful candidate will be a motivated and adaptable leader and will help our senior management team to build a healthy organization, set the right strategy and process, and champion our most critical cross-functional efforts.
The CoS is not a ‘gatekeeper’, but an enabler for increased efficiency and structure. This position will focus on troubleshooting, pay attention to the daily needs across the organization, and support the leadership team in driving our vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Run the strategic process
- Spearhead strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction
- Work across the organization to help refine strategies from prioritizing corporate strategy initiatives with the strategy to team to working with functional teams
- Ensuring strategy objectives are prioritized appropriately
- Support and lead OKR strategic vision and process with the CEO
- Provide thought leadership by developing your own strategic insights to drive decision making at the executive team level.
- Maintain and improve analytical tools to give all HQ employees greater insight into company performance.
- High Priority Program/Project management
- Identify and champion many of the highest priority cross-functional initiatives.
- Consistently analyze our processes and ability to scale, then help prioritize the projects that will make a difference.
- Communications & Governance
- Responsible for overseeing a robust communications and governance program
- Responsible for creating and executing the communication strategy for the CEO and senior leadership team internally including memos and organizational meetings
- Support external communications on behalf of CEO
- Run senior leadership forums
- Corporate and leadership support
- Drive the priorities of the executive team by setting agenda for weekly meetings, support off-sites, and identify opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
- Support corporate finance team’s forecasting and annual operating planning
- Help recruit talent
- Support corporate fundraising initiatives
- Drive cross-functional process around setting the company strategy, forming a plan, executing and monitoring progress
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met
- Analytical leader - You demonstrate strong business acumen and professional judgement in consulting or business analytics.
- Excel, Data & Reporting Wiz - You are deeply analytical and find delight and beauty in developing sophisticated analyses. You are proficient in multiple data languages with high-impact statistical modeling capabilities. You can comfortably dive deeply into any area of the business.
- Detail oriented - You sweat the small stuff, but you don’t let it get in the way. You are able to balance attention to detail with the need to execute — even with limited resources.
- Productive self-starter - You have the ability to identify and obtain the information you need on your own while establishing trust in relationships through keeping commitments and applying outstanding judgement.
- Strong, clear communicator - You are comfortable and have experience working with senior leadership. This includes presenting information and contra-opinions to executives. You also enjoy being a good sounding board for others in the company — provide open, honest feedback.
- Culture carrier - You embody the Bellhops Values - you always try to innovate to solve problems; you own your work and drive for exceptional results; you have a desire to serve others; you don’t take yourself too seriously and have a playful spirit. If you feel as though you do not fit these values or these are not things that are important to you, please do not apply.
- Specific experience - 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical roleManagement consulting or investment banking at a top tier firm experience is a plus
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. The drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhops is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhops strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.