Business Operations Analyst
Chattanooga, TN/Atlanta, GA /
Business Operations /
Bellhop is a moving and workforce management platform that is completely disrupting the $30B moving market. We are on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and stress-free.
This is where you come in…
Here at Bellhop, data is the secret sauce that separates us from traditional moving companies. We are growing rapidly and are looking for someone that can help our Operations organization to gain new insights and take our growth to the next level!
Analyze: You will perform data analysis to understand the root, scale, and implications of the operational problems you are tasked with solving.
Build: You will create tools and dashboards that provide regular insights, guide operations, and assist in key strategic decision making
Strategize: You will be responsible for scoping and planning the path to solutions that can be scaled to create higher quality and better results across operations.
Partner: You will partner cross-functionally with key groups, especially those who will use what you build, to convert your ideas into operational action.
Implement: You will lead the solution through implementation and understand and test the results to ensure success.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in analysis, consulting, project management, operations, technology, or start-ups.
- SQL experience - required
- Tableau experience (or experience with another common BI tool) - required
- Spreadsheet modeling experience in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets - required
- Python experience (or another coding language) - not required but very helpful
Company Values + Competencies
- While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges. To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
- Data-Informed - We think in data and leverage it as a critical element in decision making and goal tracking. Data always trumps a hunch, but in the absence of data we trust logic and gut instinct.
- Think Big - We attack our hardest problems head-on with bold and innovative solutions. We mix a heavy dose of ambition into what we believe is possible and are constantly evangelizing. You’re excited to learn and grow your analytical skills to help develop solutions that support and propel our operations. You enjoy breaking complex issues down into manageable parts and empowering others with what you find.
- Move the Needle - We deliver results that make a meaningful difference. We ruthlessly prioritize the work with the biggest customer impact. We’re looking for an autonomous decision-maker who can self-prioritize and organize their efforts for the highest return on investment.
- Blow the Customer’s Mind - Our #1 priority is to deliver truly exceptional customer experiences. Bellhop is a technology startup but we are also moving real things and real people in the physical world. It’s not just code behind the buttons you press; you are influencing the people who will help our customers on one of their toughest days.
- Keep it Real - We are truth seekers. We say what we really mean through direct, honest and productive communication. Your decisions have a company-wide impact and will require broad consensus. You’re adept at driving teams towards consensus and accomplishing objectives through influence. You have a clear understanding of how your work affects all lanes of the company from leadership to our Pros.
- GSD - We are action-oriented and operate under a perpetual sense of urgency to produce results. Bellhop is still at an early stage, and we’re still honing our model. You’re happily along for the ride - ready and willing to re-rack priorities as we learn more about our business.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhop is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.