City Operations Manager, Dallas
Bellhops offers customers a modern alternative to traditional moving companies by using a tech-enabled logistics-management platform to pair them with the most qualified drivers and movers in more than 65 cities across the country. The result is friendly, low-stress moving services that make getting to the next stop in life much, much easier. From our simple booking process and pricing structure to our talented workers and attentive concierge team, everything about the company has been designed to create the most enjoyable experience possible.
… This is where you come in…
The City Operations team oversees the largest and densest markets within our portfolio. This will be the team developing, experimenting, and iterating on local operational tactics to drive success within these markets. This will require partnering with cross-functional departments across the company and collaborating on best practices for city operations across regions.
This role will oversee the Dallas market with full responsibility for market performance and the customer experience in one of our flagship markets.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship! We are overhauling the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Build and establish the bellhops team - Onboard and coach a team of bellhops (movers) in your market. You will build a culture of customer focused obsession into the workforce.
- Manage warehouse operations - You will manage a warehouse location that will be the central meeting point for bellhops and house all your capital assets including moving trucks.
- Problem Solve - You will be operating a technology platform combined with asset & workforce management in a logistically complex environment. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away, and nip them in the bud.
- Ownership and market growth - You will be responsible for your city P&L and quality rating as well as identifying and sharing best practices that benefit the company large-scale. You will be empowered to find innovative ways to succeed in your market - in fact, we provide bonus incentives for doing so.
- Develop and hone the local ops playbook - You will be building out a new operating model for Bellhops with in-market management. As the pioneer, you will be developing the playbook but also iterating it with each new learning.
- Partner with internal teams - You will work closely with Bellhops Acquisition, Customer Care, Truck Operations, Quality and other internal teams to unlock success in your market. City Operations taps into HQ resources like Marketing, Accounting, Finance and will need to strike the right balance between city and overall company targets.
- Grow and adapt to business needs - We are still a startup in a fast growth phase putting new operations and technology processes that are new to an industry. The role can and will change over the course of time and you will be able to rise to the occasion to tackle these changing business problems
- Deep city knowledge - The key to operational success and high quality moves factor is knowing your city like the back of your hand.
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Process acumen - You have the ability to build and document complex processes with many moving parts and dependencies from scratch.
- Management experience - Management experience with a large hourly or part-time workforce. You possess the EQ to inspire and lead a team.
- Clear communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights.
- You have 2+ years of operations experience - Bachelor’s degree required or relevant work experience in lieu of.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. Drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhops believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhops strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.