Market Manager (Bilingual Role)
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company built on technology. The industry today is riddled with inefficiencies and–more often than not–a reputation for letting customers down. We believe moving should be something you look forward to. We think it should be fun, even. That’s why we set out to do just that with an industry-first business model that brings down costs and empowers our movers (bellhops) to deliver unforgettable, “high-five” moving experiences.
This is where you come in…
As a Market Manager, you will oversee a subset of market(s) within our portfolio. You will know your markets down to the deepest details and use that knowledge to steer your markets towards growth and operational excellence. In addition, you will also be the leader for all the bellhops (moving help) within your markets, the foundation from which our business is built on.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently is required for this specific market.
- Ensure bellhop market health - You will be the owner of ensuring a strong base of bellhops within your markets that are delighting customers on each experience. You will recruit and maintain a high bar of performance for bellhops and simultaneously be innovating on improving the recruiting and performance management processes.
- Access and analyze marketplace data - You will leverage internal and external data to understand the key drivers of marketplace health within your cities. Using that data, you will make sure that you and other teams that touch your markets are working on the highest impact projects to push your markets to the next level.
- Develop top-notch operational standards - You will establish best-in-class operational processes and work cross-functionally to execute on them. You will then document both your wins and losses to ensure that the best practices are always common knowledge within the Market Management team.
- Experiment constantly - You will have great ideas on how to improve on bellhop operations which you will experiment with rapidly to test in the real world. You will uphold this standard of experimentation and the subsequent communication of results.
WHAT KIND OF CO-PILOT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Analytical aptitude - You are analytical to the core and know how to utilize data to make decisions that are backed by numbers. You also understand the concept of using experimentation to get to the right decision after doing preliminary analysis. SQL experience is a bonus.
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Clear communicator - You can communicate clearly and efficiently in our Spanish speaking markets. This is a cross-functional role which will require constant communication to position yourself as a resource for other teams but also leverage other teams to help your market succeed.
- Strong Foundation - You have a BS/BA, preferably with a major in business, engineering, economics, math, or physics.
- Work Experience - You have 1-3 years of experience fast-paced role, i.e. consulting or in a operating role at a startup/tech company
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because moving stinks…
Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
… and we have the recipe to fix it
Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
Our culture and team sets us apart
We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our bellhops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc. We may or may not have a company boat, too :)
We’re located in the heart of the Innovation District of Chattanooga, TN on the 5th floor of a 100+ year old warehouse building on top of some of the best restaurants/bars in the city. Never heard of Chattanooga? Do yourself a favor and Google a few images. We’ve been elected as Best Town Ever by Outdoor Magazine, Best Outdoor City by Blue Ridge Outdoors, and many others. It’s an outdoor mecca, smack in the middle of world class hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hang gliding, and watersports. Local breweries galore, awesome food, and the closest thing we have to an hour commute is when we drive down to Atlanta for a Braves or Falcons game.
We believe in equal opportunity employment, and think you should too!