Bellhops is the largest and fastest growing tech-enabled platform for moving services, serving 20+ U.S. cities. We are transforming the industry with a new breed of moving services that are accessible for everyone including price conscious do-it-yourselfers and those who desire a simple, affordable, and trustworthy alternative to traditional movers.
We’re looking for mobile engineers who are passionate about building high quality mobile applications in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
As a mobile engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and testing both Android and iOS applications used by our Bellhops workforce. We're passionate and pumped to be disrupting an antiquated industry. Help us change the way people move.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Eager learner. We’re looking for engineers who live to learn new technologies and use them on new projects! You shouldn’t be scared to use new tools or technologies to take our apps to the next level in a rapidly evolving business environment. You have knowledge of at least one mobile development language (e.g., Java, Swift, Kotlin) and knowledge of or eagerness to learn iOS and Android specific development.
- Product Mindset. You build solutions with your users’ needs in mind and are obsessed with improving on the current status quo. Our Bellhops are Kings and giving them the best experience is our focus.
- Versatility. You aren’t afraid to build solutions that tackle hard problems on multiple mobile development platforms and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty learning the build and deployment process.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on well tested code, beautiful design and top notch user experience.
- Health, Dental, Vision & 401K w/ company match
Bellhops is a nationwide, tech-enabled company that mobilizes awesome, beefy student labor for collegiate and small residential moving. Currently operating in dozens of cities nationwide, and contracting thousands of student Bellhops, we are reaching a growing number of clients rapidly. Since launching in 2011, we have executed thousands and thousands of moves by leveraging technology to provide a simple, affordable, on-demand solution for local micro-moving.
About Our Team:
We currently manage a growing e-commerce market and labor force management system for thousands of our contractors and customers nationwide. An engineer that works with us will be expected to adopt team practices and, after onboarding, will be expected to work closely with team members to solve the desires and needs of our customers and operations team. We aggressively test (TDD) and our new hire would need to be competent at completing test cycles for new features. We often pair program when making architectural design changes but will put our heads down on days when minor changes are requested. Our team operates at a fast pace and will cloud deploy multiple versions of our product continuously throughout the day. We’re growing quickly and our new team member is not only critical to our success but has a great deal of input into the course of the company from a technical perspective. We need your influence and we want your experience.