Market Launch Manager
Bellhops is new breed of moving company on a crusade to transform the $15B+ moving market into an industry that’s more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We combine our tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver easier and more enjoyable moving experiences at prices that are +20% less than industry. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer experiences in a space that is known for the status quo.
This is where you come in…
As a Market Launch Manager, you will be responsible for bringing new markets live for Bellhops. Some of the key elements of the role include establishing the cultural foundation, fine tuning our business operations to local nuances, balancing supply and demand, and ensuring the community of movers is delivering the outstanding experience that poises the market for future growth.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Build the cultural foundation in new markets - Moving isn’t a solitary activity, it’s a team sport; the cultural norms our bellhops establish among themselves are a major determinant of the customer experience. For markets to be successful, you'll need to build a high performing, customer focused culture among the bellhops in your launch markets.
- Ensure bellhop supply health - You will be the immediate owner of bellhop supply health in your launch market. You will recruit and maintain a high bar of quality for bellhops and simultaneously be innovating on improving the processes for recruiting and quality.
- Manage the launch tasks - Launching a new market requires the execution of multiple tasks across many different functions. You will need to project manage these tasks and communicate with multiple stakeholders to ensure launches are successful.
- Develop top-notch launch processes - You will help establish best-in-class launch processes and work cross-functionally to execute on them. You will then document both your wins and losses to ensure that the best practices are always common knowledge within the launch team.
- Experiment constantly - You will have great ideas on how to improve on launching in new cities which you will experiment with rapidly and test in the real world.
WHAT KIND OF CO-PILOT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education - You have a BS/BA, preferably with a major in business, economics, or marketing
- Proficiency with office software - You know your way around Microsoft Office and/or Google G Suite tools.
- Road Warrior - You love traveling and exploring new cities. You're no homebody and live for gaining new experiences and meeting new people.
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Clear communicator - You can communicate clearly and efficiently. This is a cross-functional role which will require constant communication to get things done as well as transferring new market knowledge to the launch team.
- Bleeding heart for every customer’s experience - You eat, sleep, and breathe an ideal customer experience and have demonstrated this passion throughout your career. Our customers include our bellhops and truck operators.
- Work Experience - You have 1-4 years of experience in a fast-paced role, i.e. consulting or in a operating role at a start-up/tech company
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because moving is stressful... - Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
… and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.
We’re located in the heart of the Innovation District of Chattanooga, TN on the 5th floor of a 100+ year old warehouse building on top of some of the best restaurants/bars in the city. Never heard of Chattanooga? Do yourself a favor and Google a few images. We’ve been elected as Best Town Ever by Outdoor Magazine, Best Outdoor City by Blue Ridge Outdoors, and many others. It’s an outdoor mecca, smack in the middle of world class hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hang gliding, and watersports. Local breweries galore, awesome food, and the closest thing we have to an hour commute is when we drive down to Atlanta for a Braves or Falcons game.