Part-time Accounts Payable Clerk
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company built on technology. The industry today is riddled with inefficiencies and–more often than not–a reputation for letting customers down. We believe moving should be something you look forward to. We think it should be fun, even. That’s why we set out to do just that with an industry-first business model that brings down costs and empowers our movers (bellhops) to deliver unforgettable, “high-five” moving experiences.
This is where you come in…
The Bellhops Accounting team is currently comprised of the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant. You will be joining a young team with tremendous growth opportunities. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” startup environment, and is creative in finding ways to make our office and our team run more efficiently. To be amazing at this role, you should love the challenge of making processes more efficient, working with every personality in the company, and balancing several tasks at once.
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Maintain vendor W9s and assist with year end 1099 processing
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Manage all company credit card transaction entries
- Assist with month-end close expense schedules and reviews
- Must be a Sophomore or Junior majoring in Accounting or Finance OR have an Associates Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficiency in MS Office & G-Suite
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
- Organized and good with time management
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Must be able to work 20-25 hours/week
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because moving stinks…
Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
… and we have the recipe to fix it
Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
Our culture and team sets us apart
We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our bellhops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
WHERE? We’re located in the heart of the Innovation District of Chattanooga, TN on the 5th floor of a 100+ year old warehouse building on top of some of the best restaurants/bars in the city.
We believe in equal opportunity employment, and think you should too!