Sales Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Bellhops offers customers a modern alternative to traditional moving companies by using a tech-enabled logistics-management platform to pair them with the most qualified drivers and movers in more than 65 cities across the country. The result is friendly, low-stress moving services that make getting to the next stop in life much, much easier. From our simple booking process and pricing structure to our talented workers and attentive concierge team, everything about the company has been designed to create the most enjoyable experience possible.
This is where you come in...
Bellhops may be a modern tech-enabled moving company, but many customers look for a human touch throughout the decision process. As Sales Manager of the Strategic Initiatives team, you lead the team of outbound associates charged with selling long distance moves and newly-introduced services like Packing. You will be responsible for ensuring your team delivers against sales targets. This will include developing tracking mechanisms for your team, identifying areas in the sales process for further efficiency, and coaching your team on implementing new technology and processes.
- Strategic Thinker and Data-Driven Manager - Identify systemic solutions and reporting mechanisms to effectively increase your team’s conversion rates while improving the overall experience of our customers.
- Excel, Data, & Reporting Wiz - You are capable of developing, interpreting, and making decisions using reports and dashboards on Excel & Google Spreadsheets
- Coach and develop your team - Coach and develop the sales team that forms the first impression with our customers. Mentors your associates so they are the perfect ambassadors of our brand.
- Help agents develop the perfect pitch - Assist agents in developing their pitch. You also know it’s critical to set customers up for success, so in addition to closing the deal, you help your team perfect their craft in estimating move length and recommended crew size.
- Develop and manage standard operating processes - Refine the playbook for how your team handles everyday and challenging situations. Train the team up on those processes so we can deliver an amazing experience every time. Become an expert on moving.
- Integrate new services into processes - A key element of this role is to work with our Strategic Initiatives Program Managers to develop, launch, and monitor sales of new services into everyday operations. Your sales team will be leading Bellhops’ entry into brand new territory!
- Team Player - You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Sales and leadership experience - This is an sales management position where a critical part of your role will be coaching your agents to boost conversion rates, building their objection handling toolkit, and performance managing the team.
- Analytic Capabilities & Business Judgement - We are a data-driven company. That means we track progress and achievements and make decisions based on careful analysis. You should be able to develop, interpret, and use reports to track your team’s performance.
- Customer focus and empathy - You deeply care about our customers and bellhops, and want to deliver an amazing experience every time. Your focus isn’t just on closing the deal, it’s on providing an outstanding experience every time.
- Process discipline - Scaling a consistently awesome customer experience means designing processes that don’t break down as our business grows. You have an eye for process, how to leverage judgement from the right portions of the team, and can design systems that enable people to perform their best.
- Start-Up Attitude! Flexibility, Scrappiness, & High Energy - Above all, we are looking for a leader who is able to embrace the start-up culture. We are a young but quickly growing company, so we need a leader who thrives on challenges, builds innovative and scrappy solutions, and motivates your team to do the same.
- A bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of professional experience. Backgrounds in sales and customer service and/or at a moving or modern tech firm preferred.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. The drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhops is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhops strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.