Senior Public Relations Manager
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company built on technology. The industry today is riddled with inefficiencies and–more often than not–a reputation for letting customers down. We believe moving should be something you look forward to. We think it should be fun, even. That’s why we set out to do just that with an industry-first business model that brings down costs and empowers our movers (bellhops) to deliver unforgettable, “high-five” moving experiences.
This is where you come in…
Bellhops is looking for a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to increase awareness and continue to tell the Bellhops story through effective communication and media-relations programs. The Public Relations Manager is part of the Brand Marketing team and will report to the Head of Brand and Communications.
- Develop media-relations strategies, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
- Coordinate all public-relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, and presentations
- Monitor, analyze, and report PR results on a regular basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and community relations on an ongoing basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Must have 5+ years experience in public relations (start-up, corporate, or government experience a plus)
- A track record of designing and executing successful public-relations campaigns at both a local and multi-city level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Event-planning experience
- Strong project-management skills
- A BA degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, communications, or a related discipline
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives.
Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people.
Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you will have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart.
We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other.
We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Yes, Chattanooga. The “Best Town Ever.”
Bellhops is located in the heart of Chattanooga’s Innovation District, on the fifth floor of a historic warehouse that also happens to house some of the best restaurants, shops, and bars in the city. If you’re unfamiliar with Chattanooga, do yourself a favor and visit. It’s been selected as Best Town Ever by Outdoor Magazine because of all the world-class hiking, rock-climbing, mountain biking, and water sports it has to offer. For a more relaxing time, there are plenty of local breweries and awesome eateries. And the longest you might spend in a car is when you drive down to Atlanta for a Braves or Falcons game.