Full Stack Engineer
Bellhops is the largest and fastest growing tech-enabled platform for moving services, serving 20+ U.S. cities. We are transforming the industry with a new breed of moving services that are accessible for everyone, including price conscious do-it-yourselfers and those who desire a simple, affordable, and trustworthy alternative to traditional movers.
We’re looking for engineers (2+ years experience) and senior engineers (6+ years experience) with product intuition who are passionate about building great web applications in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment.
As a full stack engineer, you'll be responsible for pushing applications into production environments used by our growing customer-base, Bellhops, and internal HQ employees. We're passionate and pumped to be disrupting an antiquated industry. Help us change the way people move.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Iterative Design and Development. You think a MVP is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements of a high-growth business. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool used by Bellhops HQ operation teams, or a feature used customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Health, Dental, Vision & 401K w/ company match
Bellhops is a nationwide, tech-enabled company that mobilizes awesome, beefy student labor for collegiate and small residential moving. Currently operating in dozens of cities nationwide, and contracting thousands of student Bellhops, we are reaching a growing number of clients rapidly. Since launching in 2011, we have executed thousands and thousands of moves by leveraging technology to provide a simple, affordable, on-demand solution for local micro-moving.
About Our Team:
We currently manage a growing e-commerce market and labor force management system for thousands of our contractors and customers nationwide. An engineer that works with us will be expected to adopt team practices and, after onboarding, will be expected to work closely with team members to solve the desires and needs of our customers and operations team. We aggressively test (TDD) and our new hire would need to be competent at completing test cycles for new features. We often pair program when making architectural design changes but will put our heads down on days when minor changes are requested. Our team operates at a fast pace and will cloud deploy multiple versions of our product continuously throughout the day. We’re growing quickly and our new team member is not only critical to our success but has a great deal of input into the course of the company from a technical perspective. We need your influence and we want your experience.