Bellhops is the fastest growing company in the $15B moving market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our first-to-industry tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in…
As a General Manager you will oversee a team that is responsible for the holistic strategy and execution of bringing new markets live and making them successful, eventually growing your region to be about a third of the U. S. Some of the key elements of the role include establishing the cultural foundation, fine tuning our business operations to local nuances, balancing supply and demand, and ensuring the community of movers is delivering the outstanding experience that poises the market for future growth. Bellhops is in 18 cities, three of which just launched over the past couple months and fall into the launch portfolio. We plan to bring at least nine more live in 2018, and will continue launching through 2019. As your team brings these new markets live you will continue to own and hold them, with the goal being that you grow your portfolio to a large number of cities where customers can discover the ease of doing business with a company that aims to take the stress out of moving.
This is a director level position and comes with a high level of expectation regarding your ability to serve as a function leader, prioritize your team's work, and drive results.
- Build and establish the team - Hire and develop a high performing, autonomous team who can go into markets and be the face of Bellhops to people who are hearing about our company for the first time.
- Establish a data-driven management processes - Determine and track your success metrics, and build those into the regular reporting and management cadence of the team.
- Continue to hone the launch playbook - We’ve seen great success in our initial launch markets, but are looking to continue scaling the playbook as we prepare to not just launch this year but further accelerate launch following our fundraise in the Fall.
- Mentor and develop your staff - Coach and develop leaders within the company. Mentor them and help oversee their progress in their analytical capabilities and business judgement as well as their market presence and ability to motivate and inspire bellhops.
- Build the cultural foundation in your team and in your markets - Moving isn’t a solitary activity, it’s a team sport; the cultural norms our bellhops establish among themselves are a major determinant of the customer experience. Build a high performing, customer focused culture among both your staff and the bellhops in the markets they oversee.
What kind of leader are we looking for?
- Business judgement - Augment and train the decision making capabilities of your staff as you manage an autonomous unit that delivers high growth and profitability via an outstanding customer and bellhop experience.
- Management and leadership experience - Managerial experience as well as a high EQ. Inspire and lead your team.
- Strong computational thinking - Your team is both market captains and analysts who balance supply and demand; you bring the strong computational thinking skills that enable you to mentor and develop them. Much of your staff will be expected to know SQL, and you need to be able to meaningfully converse with them as well as make decisions in an environment where the technology platform powers much of what we do.
- Bias for action - You convert insight into action. An unsolved problem is yours to solve.
- 5-10+ years of professional experience; Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred. Backgrounds in consulting, operations, or at a modern tech firm preferred.
Why work at Bellhops?
- Because moving stinks... - Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. Our goal is to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transform a $15B industry.
- … and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
- Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
- Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.
The General Manager is a critical leadership role within the company as we look to more than 2x our footprint over the next 18 months. We're looking for an autonomous, high judgement leader who can take on the task of helping bring the Bellhops magic to as many people as possible!
Bellhops is located in the heart of the Innovation District of Chattanooga, TN on the 5th floor of a 100+ year old warehouse building on top of some of the best restaurants/bars in the city. Never heard of Chattanooga? Do yourself a favor and Google a few images. We’ve been elected as Best Town Ever by Outdoor Magazine, Best Outdoor City by Blue Ridge Outdoors, and many others. It’s an outdoor mecca, smack in the middle of world class hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hang gliding, and watersports.
This role is located in either Chattanooga, TN or Atlanta, GA.