Chattanooga, TN/Atlanta, GA
Bellhops offers customers a modern alternative to traditional moving companies by using a tech-enabled logistics-management platform to pair them with the most qualified drivers and movers in more than 39 cities across the country. The result is friendly, low-stress moving services that make getting to the next stop in life much, much easier. From our simple booking process and pricing structure to our talented workers and attentive concierge team, everything about the company has been designed to create the most enjoyable experience possible.
This is where you come in...
Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will lead all of our efforts in further developing an accounting function that is ready for scale.
- Lead and develop our accounting team, which consists of two senior accountants and an accounts payable clerk. Development of each team member is a high priority.
- Oversee the general accounting function, including but not limited to: billing, AR, AP, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management, cost accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Coordination and preparation of timely and accurate internal and external financial statements for various investors and/or regulators.
- Major contributor in yearly budgeting and periodic forecasting efforts, as well as reporting on variances throughout the month/year.
- Assessing current accounting operation; recommending new policies and procedures (internal controls) to provide assurance that company assets are protected.
- Serve as the company expert on both GAAP guidance and SOX compliance.
- Lead year-end audit and tax process with external firm.
- Lead ERP exploration and implementation.
- 5+ years at a big four with increasing responsibilities
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Deep understanding of GAAPExperience with SOX compliance
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting required
- Degree in finance or accounting from a four-year university; MBA preferred
- +1 for any of the following: FP&A, M&A, ERP implementation, or valuation experience; start-up experience; SQL
- Atlanta or Chattanooga Office Location
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. The drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhops is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhops strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.