Atlanta, GA / Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bellhops offers customers a modern alternative to traditional moving companies by using a tech-enabled logistics-management platform to pair them with the most qualified drivers and movers in more than 65 cities across the country. The result is friendly, low-stress moving services that make getting to the next stop in life much, much easier. From our simple booking process and pricing structure to our talented workers and attentive concierge team, everything about the company has been designed to create the most enjoyable experience possible.
… This is where you come in…
We’re looking for engineers (2+ years experience) with product intuition who are passionate about building great backend services in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment. As a platform engineer, you'll be responsible for pushing applications into production environments used by our growing customer-base, Bellhops, and internal HQ employees. We're passionate and thrilled to be disrupting an antiquated industry. *This is a full-time, six-month contractor position*
- We currently manage a growing e-commerce market and labor force management system for thousands of our contractors and customers nationwide. An engineer that works with us will be expected to adopt team practices and, after on-boarding, will be expected to work closely with team members to solve the desires and needs of our customers and operations team.
- We fiercely test and our new hire would need to be competent at completing test cycles for new features.
- We often pair program when making architectural design changes but will put our heads down on days when minor changes are requested.
- Our team operates at a fast pace and will deploy multiple versions of our product continuously throughout the day. We’re growing quickly and our new team member is not only critical to our success but has a great deal of input into the course of the company from a technical perspective. We need your influence and we want your experience.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Eager learner. We’re looking for engineers who live to learn new technologies and use them on new projects! You should be excited to build tools that scale for massive growth and a rapidly evolving business environment. You have advanced knowledge of programming in Go and deploying to AWS infrastructure.
- Iterative Design and Development. You think an MVP is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time, but neither to an extreme.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the backend stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (API, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Design and business acumen. You understand the requirements of a high-growth business. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool used by Bellhops HQ operation teams, or a feature used by customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. Drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhops believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhops strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.