Manager, Carrier Operations
Bellhops is the fastest growing company in the $15B moving market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our first-to-industry tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in…
As a manager on the Carrier Operations team, you will be responsible for recruiting truckers onto our platform and ensuring they perform at an exceptional level of quality. You’ll be responsible for one of our three regions, leading a team of associate truck managers who carry out the day to day work of pitching to carriers, building partnerships, and developing long term business relationships. You will have the opportunity to oversee a broker-like business model in multiple markets across the United States. If this sounds great to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Coach and develop a team - You’ll be leading a team of associate truck managers who have a unique dual-role: selling carriers on joining our platform and ensuring quality through tight oversight. Identifying gaps and improving your team will be key to your success.
- Strategic thinker - You’ll use data and feedback from your team to identify systemic solutions to maximize your region’s profitability while ensuring a high-five experience for our carriers, customers, and bellhops alike
- Define and refine processes - As we grow you’ll be continually faced with new challenges that require a rethink of how we do things. A two-bedroom move in suburban Chattanooga is a world apart from a high-rise in Chicago, and you’re excited to figure out how we innovate to meet the next challenge.
- Technology and data proficient - We’re a high tech company swimming in data, and getting to the root cause of problems will require data literacy. You’re no stranger to a spreadsheet and look forward to the chance to learn SQL.
- Sales Management - A large part of this role involves managing the sales performance of your team. A critical part of your job will be coaching your associate truck managers to boost conversion rates, build their objection handling toolkit, and performance managing the team.
- Business judgement - Augment and train the decision making capabilities of your staff as you strive to navigate challenging situations and deliver outstanding carrier, customer, and bellhop experiences.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - You can thrive in the startup environment and continue to operate at a high output level. You roll up your sleeves and do work yourself. You like to stay flexible and not confine yourself to a rigid plan.
- Sharp Communicator - You will need to be able to communicate clearly and frequently with your team, your leadership, and with other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Teammate through and through - You can easily work cross-functionally and with others to achieve our goals. You have experience working in high functioning teams that collectively delivered great results. You win others over with trust and sincerity, and care as deeply about the team’s happiness as your own.
- Industry experience - Not a requirement but a plus if you have experience within a freight brokerage, 3PL, supply chain for a retail/consumer goods company, or a logistics/moving company.A bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience plus 3+ years of professional experience. Backgrounds in sales and customer service, or at a modern tech firm preferred.
Why work at Bellhops?
Because moving stinks... Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry
.… and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have a huge opportunity to make an impact, to be an entrepreneur, and to chart the course for this change.
Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
Perks! - We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.