Raleigh, NC /
Market Operations /
Bellhop is one of the fastest-growing companies in the $30B moving market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our first-to-industry tech-enabled logistics management platform with an outstanding crew of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high-five move at a time.
This is where you come in...
The Market Operations team oversees the largest and densest markets within our portfolio. This is the team developing, experimenting, and iterating on local operational tactics to drive success within these markets.
This will require partnering with cross-functional departments across the company and collaborating on best practices for city operations across regions.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship! We are overhauling the moving industry, one move at a time.
What you can look forward to owning:
- Build and establish the Bellhop team - Onboard and coach a team of Moving Pros in your market. You will build a culture of customer-focused obsession into the workforce.
- Problem Solve - You will be operating a technology platform combined with asset & workforce management in a logistically complex environment. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away and nip them in the bud.
- Ownership and market growth - You will be responsible for your city's P&L and quality rating as well as identifying and sharing best practices that benefit the company on a large scale. You will be empowered to find innovative ways to succeed in your market - in fact, we provide bonus incentives for doing so.
- Develop and hone the local ops playbook - You will be building out a new operating model for Bellhops with in-market management. As the pioneer, you will be developing the playbook but also iterating it with each new learning.
- Partner with internal teams - You will work closely with Bellhops Acquisition, Customer Care, Truck Operations, Quality, and other internal teams to unlock success in your market. City Operations taps into HQ resources like Marketing, Accounting, Finance and will need to strike the right balance between city and overall company targets.
- Grow and adapt to business needs - We are still a startup in a fast growth phase putting new operations and technology processes that are new to an industry. The role can and will change over the course of time and you will be able to rise to the occasion to tackle these changing business problems
We are excited if you have:
- Business judgment - Augment and train the decision-making capabilities of your staff as you manage an autonomous unit that delivers high growth and profitability via an outstanding customer and bellhop experience.
- Management and leadership experience - Management experience with high EQ to inspire and lead your team. Bonus: Prior experience managing a large hourly or military workforce.
- Ability to think analytically - Experience using data to drive your daily operations and strategic decisions using Company Dashboards and SQL
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Process acumen - You have the ability to build and document complex processes with many moving parts and dependencies from scratch.
- Clear communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights.
- You have 2+ years of operations experience - Bachelor’s degree required or relevant work experience in lieu of.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. We're driven to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers. We learn from mistakes quickly.
Servant’s Heart. We're devoted to caring for others by putting them first and treating them as we'd like to be treated. We approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness. We always give more than we take.
Winning Drive. We're committed to getting things done the right way even if it's the hard way. We relentlessly raise the bar in our efforts.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Benefits to Enjoy Include:
Dental, Medical, & Vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Unlimited Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Bellhop believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.