Community Manager, US West
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company on a crusade to transform the $15B+ moving market into an industry that’s more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We combine our tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver easier and more enjoyable moving experiences at prices that are +20% less than industry. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer experiences in a space that is known for the status quo.`This is where you come in…
As the Community Manager of US West, you will act as the face of HQ to bellhop communities (the movers on our platform) across all markets on the West Coast. Our bellhops are the ones on the ground that our customers see day in and day out within their homes. It is pertinent that they feel tuned into our cultural values, receive business updates, and have a voice that matters to our business.
This is where you come in; you’ll be drawing on your ability to create content, organize events locally and remotely, and engage large audiences. You will effectively own communications, engagement, and thusly bellhop sentiment.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Host captain calls - Captains are the designated bellhops on our platform who have the most moving experience and leadership capability which increases the importance of keeping captains engaged on the platform. You will help enable that by hosting 1-2 remote video calls per month in each market for captains.
- Leverage written communication - You will plan, write, and send messages across email, SMS, and in-app to bellhops across the region. You will work with both regional operations teams and other functional teams in HQ to maximize the effectiveness of communication to bellhops.
- Increase bellhop sentiment - Our bellhops are the core of our business and keeping them engaged on our platform is a primary responsibility for this role. You will own bellhop sentiment and NPS for the entire region.
- Funnel bellhop support issues - While we do have a contact center team that provides support for bellhops, your job will be to identify time sensitive issues for our bellhops in the field and funnel them to the right parties to solve as necessary.
WHAT KIND OF CO-PILOT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Public speaking capability - You will be the face (literally through remote video calls and in-person events) for the entire region of bellhop communities. This will require that you be an effective presenter and have the ability to effectively instill the culture of HQ to bellhops.
- Strong written communicator - You are able to write communications across many platforms and for different goals. This could range from writing a business update using concise language or writing a message to get bellhops engaged for a contest in their market.
- Flexible schedule - You will be the community manager for the West Coast region. This will require that you host remote calls with bellhops who are located on both Mountain and Pacific time, many of whom have schedules that only make them available in the evenings.
- Self-driven and highly adaptable - This is a new role at Bellhops which will require you to define the projects and tactics that will lead to successful community management. You will be the driver’s seat pivoting quickly when necessary.
- 4-year college degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience; 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- This role will require 10-20% travel to visit markets in person.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
- Because moving stinks... - Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B industry.
- … and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
- Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
- Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.
This role will be located at our “HQ2” in Atlanta, GA.