Team Lead, Bellhop Onboarding
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company on a crusade to transform the $15B+ moving market into an industry that’s more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We combine our tech-enabled logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver easier and more enjoyable moving experiences at prices that are +20% less than industry. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer experiences in a space that is known for the status quo.
This is where you come in…
As a Team Lead on the Bellhop Onboarding Team, you will manage a team of associates responsible for identifying and onboarding amazing movers onto our platform. You and your associates will be responsible for making sure we've got enough bellhops (movers) to match customer demand for a region of our business. This will require you to prioritize your teams focus and motivate them to hit their goals on a weekly basis.
You will be a critical player in delivering high-five experiences for our customers who rely on us for one of the most important days of their lives and our bellhop contractors who rely on us for their work and compensation. You will lead a team that is making high-impact decisions that has visibility to all parts of our company, all the way up to the executive team. This role reports to the Manager of the Bellhop Onboarding Team.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship that is ready to overhaul the moving industry, one move at a time.
- Deliver outstanding bellhop onboarding experiences - Your team is on the front lines interacting with our bellhop recruits, helping them understand how our platform works and enabling them to be successful on it.
- Achieve weekly KPIs (key performance indicators) - Achieve the weekly goals set for your region to ensure we have enough supply to match demand. Monitor individual KPIs to identify areas or individuals on your team that need additional support.
- Coach and develop your team - Coach and develop a team of hourly onboarding associates. Help ensure the team is equipped to deliver an outstanding experience to our recruits every time.
- Develop standard operating procedures - Refine the playbook for how your team handles everyday and challenging situations. Train the team up on those processes so we can deliver an amazing experience every time for both our customer and our contractors.
- Experiment constantly - You will have great ideas on how to improve onboarding operations which you will experiment with and test in the real world. You will uphold this standard of experimentation and the subsequent communication of results.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Management or leadership experience - 1+ year of managerial or leadership experience, ideally with customer support and/or hourly operations staff.
- Process discipline - Leading a team that provides national support means designing processes that don’t break down as our business grows at a rapid pace. You have an eye for process, how to leverage judgement from the right portions of the team, and can design systems that enable people to perform their best.
- Clear communicator - You can communicate clearly and efficiently in both verbal and written channels. This role will require constant communication with our contractors, your team, and other teams in HQ as you work cross-functionally.
- Entrepreneurial hustler - You have a bias for action. You can thrive in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves to do anything necessary to ensure success.
- Analytical aptitude - You utilize data-informed decision making. You understand how to design, track, and ultimately move metrics that your team will be assessed on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience; 2+ years of additional professional experience. Experience in customer service, operations, or at a modern tech firm preferred.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
Because moving stinks... - Moving is considered one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You will join our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transforming a $15B+ industry.
… and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and industry-first business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You will be joining us at a time where you have huge opportunity to make impact, to be an entrepreneur and to chart the course for this change.
Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered everyday to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and feel thoroughly supported. You’ll be doing it alongside some super smart, driven and happy colleagues.
Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.