Senior Data Engineer
Chattanooga, TN/Atlanta, GA
Bellhops is a new breed of moving company, with a strong desire to transform the $15B+ moving market into an industry that’s more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We combine our tech-powered logistics management platform with our outstanding workforce of movers and drivers to deliver easier and more enjoyable moving experiences at prices that are 20% less than industry average. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer experiences in a space that is known for the status quo.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for a motivated, impact-driven engineer to join our small, fast moving Data team. We track hundreds of variables and signals to solve a wide range of challenging problems, from finding the best movers for a move, to guiding on-the-ground operations, to ensuring steady marketplace dynamics. The impact of data reaches well beyond the products we build - it informs our thinking, helps us prioritize, and is the foundation of decision-making at Bellhops.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with significant contributions in data. We capture millions of data points across a wide range of systems into our existing data warehouse. We draw insights from it to improve efficiency of our ground operations, balance marketplace dynamics, power auto-fulfillment engine, and train machine learning models on our internal platform.
- Strategize: Identify, prioritize, and inform important business questions with data. These outputs will directly influence our product roadmap.
- Analyze: You’ll be working with several analysts throughout the company to dive deep into business metrics and help drive data-driven decisions.
- Build: Develop new data pipelines. Improve and maintain existing data pipelines and data warehouses. Ship stable, high quality solutions at a fast pace.
- Innovate: Empower data scientists to solve real world problems by improving their workflow. Help design innovative solutions for cutting edge machine learned solutions.
- Influence: Be a champion for data. Envision a world different than the status quo and articulate a clear path for everyone in the company to get there.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role using python frameworks: airflow, flask and django.
- Familiarity with Machine learning concepts and frameworks: Scikit-learn, numpy, scipy.
- Programming and analytical experience using SQL.
- Deep experience in one or more of: ETL, data warehousing, data visualization.
- Previous experience scraping 3rd-party API’s and cleaning external datasets.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bias for action and an appreciation for the knowledge-impact sweet spot
WHY WORK AT BELLHOPS?
- Because moving stinks... - Moving is one of the most stressful times in people’s lives. You can be a part of our crusade to turn a stressful process into an enjoyable one, and transform a $15B industry.
- … and we have the recipe to fix it - Our tech enabled approach and innovative business model have given us a huge head start in disrupting the industry. You’ll be joining us at a time when you have the opportunity to make a huge impact, to chart the course for the future of moving.
- Our culture and team sets us apart - We have an irreverent ownership culture that is steeped in a love for our hops and our customers. You will be empowered every day to completely own your portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and represent the team. You’ll be doing so alongside some super smart, driven, and happy colleagues.
- Perks! - We are competitive in our offer packages and provide a significant equity incentive. We also have a complete set of perks including health, dental, maternity leave, etc.