Software Engineer (Applications)
San Mateo, CA
Time to Belong
We are an experienced team backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), GGV Capital, Laurence Tosi, and other world-class investors. We are hard at work designing the future at the intersection of consumer real estate and hospitality.
To foster human connection by deepening our collective sense of belonging. One unique home, one special neighborhood, one new city at a time.
We are pioneers of the new mindset of the redefined American Dream by changing the experience of owning and renting homes. We manage properties for our homeowners and treat the residents who live there with the attention, speed and care they deserve. Our residents, who before felt like second class citizens, are connected not only to each other, but also to the local merchants, events, and institutions that give communities their unique character.
We are seeking world-class, motivated and passionate individuals for our Software Applications team. You will be based in our Palo Alto office working closely with our product and engineering teams to ship great software. As an early member in this team, you will co-create all the infrastructure and processes with the engineering team.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers and QA engineers as your application moves from development to production
- Build awesome web experiences using ReactJS
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Plan and accommodate all mediums, screen sizes, and device types
- Build with flexibility and customization from the beginning
- Adapt to changing business conditions and priorities
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
- Mentor junior engineers
Required Skills / Experience: (Deep understanding of the following technologies and its core principles)
- Server-side rendering
- Build tools (Babel, Webpack, NPM)
- Search Engine Optimization
Some Level of Understanding:
- Nodejs and Express
Nice to have:
The time is now. Join us!